A Bucking Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing you could do next time is cut in from each of the four sides leaving a four by four in the center uncut. Then scope out which side the pinch is going to occur on. Cut another kerf there. Then zip the four by four at max rpm.

The block should then roll free. I do this fairly often bucking logs for horses.

Last edited:
It sounds like it settled down on the saw as you cut. Was there room to cut out the bottom so when the log settles it spreads instead of compressing.

In true end bind there is no settling or releasing of the pressure on one side of the log.
The whole cylinder is compressed. If you cut much you will run into it fairly often.

It refused to spread. Just went down poomf. Here's a picture of it yesterday. Yesterday it was more cooperative. I couldn't cut straight though, not even with the Barbie Saw. I think a laser guide would be a good thing for me.

attachment.php

I would like some Doug fir soap also. Just don't make it like they did in that movie Fight Club please. I turned off the movie right there. Ick.

It refused to spread. Just went down poomf. Here's a picture of it yesterday. Yesterday it was more cooperative. I couldn't cut straight though, not even with the Barbie Saw. I think a laser guide would be a good thing for me.

attachment.php

I would like some Doug fir soap also. Just don't make it like they did in that movie Fight Club please. I turned off the movie right there. Ick.
Looks like a nice sawlog. Could you just do a salami cut after starting two wedges in the top?
John

I havent seen the movie and dont want to know any details. The soap trials will be made with glycerin soap from hobby store with parts of Douglas fir tree Pseudotsuga menziesii var. menziesii .

I havent seen the movie and dont want to know any details. The soap trials will be made with glycerin soap from hobby store with parts of Douglas fir tree Pseudotsuga menziesii var. menziesii .

I like glycerin soap too.
It is much better than regular alkaline bath soap.
I have gone in places after cutting doug fir and had women come up and sniff me just to smell it.

I like glycerin soap too.
It is much better than regular alkaline bath soap.
I have gone in places after cutting doug fir and had women come up and sniff me just to smell it.

I'm pretty sure that the smell of Doug Fir on a woodchopper makes a women get her period. Maybe it's just the sweat/fir combo, I don't know, but hairy arm pitted women have told me it's so. And why would I argue?
John

I'm pretty sure that the smell of Doug Fir on a woodchopper makes a women get her period. Maybe it's just the sweat/fir combo, I don't know, but hairy arm pitted women have told me it's so. And why would I argue?
John

Lol I don't know I was talking about cute waitresses and bar maids!
I have very limited experience with hairy arm pit women.

The sexiest hairy armpitted women seem to be from Calif, Quebec or Russia.
I think that's where most of the Fir is grown.
John

I met one deep in the Mojave desert of California, but she was from Germany and pretty dang good lookin. Maybe I had just been in the desert too long lol!

Back