A chainsaw flips a vehicle check it out!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not arguing, I'm just saying maybe the rules need to be more specific, that's all.

He could care less about what the product is used for seem's like all he's concerned with is money. Wonder what model Efco that is?

Looked like a Solo to me...

Oops, I just mentioned a manufacturer...

I understand that the OP's attitude is what got him a vacation, but What's the difference between his original post and someone posting a link to an eBay ad for a chainsaw in the chainsaw forum? It happens every day.

I can say " Hey, The stihl MS460 is a killer saw, here's one on eBay for a great price [insert link here]"

What's the difference other than the attitude of the OP?

Last edited:
Obviously, posting a link to a non sponsor site is advertising. But short of that, "advertising" seems to be a subjective term.

From the guidelines

"Advertising of any kind is not permitted... this includes mentioning manufacturers, dealers, etc..."

Huh, so even for something that you're not affiliated with and only wish to help someone solve a problem (repowering equipment or recommending a product not offered by a sponser) technically is not allowed.

There's a line somewhere, but where is it? We all know something a sponser sells is off limits, period.

Maybe something to do with copyrights/trademarks? Damn lawyers. Seems trying to offer a potential solution to a problem someone's having, which may or may not give the seller a new customer is something worth suing over. What a load of bullcrap.

Looked like a Solo to me...

Oops, I just mentioned a manufacturer...

I understand that the OP's attitude is what got him a vacation, but What's the difference between his original post and someone posting a link to an eBay ad for a chainsaw in the chainsaw forum? It happens every day.

I can say " Hey, The stihl MS460 is a killer saw, here's one on eBay for a great price [insert link here]"

What's the difference other than the attitude of the OP?

Huh, so even for something that you're not affiliated with and only wish to help someone solve a problem (repowering equipment or recommending a product not offered by a sponser) technically is not allowed.

There's a line somewhere, but where is it? We all know something a sponser sells is off limits, period.

Maybe something to do with copyrights/trademarks? Damn lawyers. Seems trying to offer a potential solution to a problem someone's having, which may or may not give the seller a new customer is something worth suing over. What a load of bullcrap.

If you read the AS rule/guidelines it say's you may post a link or recommend a product if said item pertains to the thread in question. But starting a thread that advertises an item or soliciting an item without consent is not allowed. But most of the ebay ad's you're talking about come down to question's they need answered.

You can go all day finding way's to bend or break rules or loop holes. But it all boil's down to this: We don't make the rules we just have to follow them. We dont pay to be here so let the people that do advertise. And last but not least try to act like adults and stop letting our keyboard warrior in all of us come out. The subject at hand was dealt with, leave it at that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Complaining? Again?

You INK SLINGING WHISTLE PUNK!!!

NOw just for that im gonna sticvk around outta spite

And you dont even know what that means do you>>?????

INK SLINGING WHISTLE PUNK

toughguy-1.jpg

24 hours...he won't even have to unpack. He's really a pretty good guy and he's added a lot to the forum...he just got a little hot under the collar and things got away from him.

Hopefully he calm's down on the commy talk. We live in M'urhica the Epa is the enemy.

You can buy the Lewis winch at baileys right. Baileys is a sponsor right. I don't understand what is the big deal. I don't want to disrespect anyone but i don't see a real problem.

After reading the write up on the Bailey's site I might guess the 4000 pound pull rating is with the first turn of cable on the drum and the 60 feet per minute is with a full drum.

There would be chain oil coming out or is there piping to make chain oil go into a container?

Without remote throttle the operator is in a hazardous spot.

Fran

WOW! I only looked at this thread to see the amazement of someone discovering the concept of gearing and mechanical advantage. You gear it up enough and a mouse on a treadwheel could tip over a building. Might take a while......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back