A Christmas party story...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotorSeven

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
So I had to go to my wife's work Christmas party. I really would rather stick a fork in my eye than go, but, well...you know, some things we have to do. At least I started drinking early, and thoroughly. Anyway, the house we were at had 3 stoves, one a coal burner, the other an unknown wood burner & a neat Jotul top loader. It was in the 20's so they had them all fired up in this old farmhouse. It was a little warm inside but on the plus there were enough rooms that I could evade conversation with some of the numbnuts.

I happen to glance outside at the woodpile on the porch.....hmmm, verrry neatly stacked....that's a-boot a cord sitting there....hmmm, the splits are rather uniform in size and shape....hmm..WAITAMINUTE! Say it ain't so.....the guy had used his chainsaw to split EVERY chunk! I grab the guy and had to pop the question. He say's, "well I don't have a wood splitter, but I have a big ole Echo, so I made this jig to hold the cants & I split 'em with the saw......it makes a lot of saw dust & throws it across the yard!"

>>>>>>wow<<<<<<<

it made the whole night worthwhile!

:cheers:

RD

Nope, he's originally from the NE.....Vermont/New Hampshire or some such. He had his brother bring a mess of coal down from Rhode Island for the coal burner. He said the coal here in TN sucks for stoves. I can't comment on the coal thing....never burned it. I should have....got a lot in my stockings on Christmas morning....

RD

a smart man would put a metal wedge on a stick and swing it. now what would we call this invetion.

do you really have to ....... aks?

Latest posts

Back