A Close One

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When the tree starts to fall get the heck out of the way quick. Clear an escape route at at a 45 angle to the tree.

They call those widdowmakers for a reason. You also want to look up into the tree beore you fall it to see if there are any dead branches, lose branches, or branches caught up in other trees.

Yup, did all that, I just was not expecting another tree to throw something my way. The delay was what caught me by surprise, the tree was completely on the ground before the missile from the other tree landed 3-4 seconds later.

Glad you are OK, now go buy a lottery ticket. :cheers:

Are you jokin, years ago when he was a kid his daddy gave him a buffalo nickel. he put the nickel in his pocket and sqeezed the piss out of the buffalo. Were talkin tight now.:monkey: Kinda payback for the walker in the mud.lol

I'm Scottish.....nuff said.

Did you hear about the Scotsman who married a girl born on February the 29th so he'd only have to buy her a birthday present every four years?

Is it you goal to cut every tree down on your property and your neighbors?...:jawdrop:

Is it you goal to cut every tree down on your property and your neighbors?...:jawdrop:

It's 300 acres. All I pull out is tops from any harvest and cut down anything girdled during TSI work. I try to pull out Hickory first since it gets ate up pretty fast. I still have quite a few Beech to cut down, but that will wait till next winter.

It's 300 acres. All I pull out is tops from any harvest and cut down anything girdled during TSI work. I try to pull out Hickory first since it gets ate up pretty fast. I still have quite a few Beech to cut down, but that will wait till next winter.

I wish I had 30 acres to play on...:cry:

Good to hear ya dodged the throw back.

Sassafrass is sneaky about that.
A more vile and cunning pest tree does not exist.

Any time I'm doing selective drops in a woodlot or on a ditchline, it seems there's a Sassafrass waiting in the DZ, lurking, and waiting.

I like watching the tree thump down too, but have learned to watch the crap the dropping tree hits, on account of the Sassafrass.

Ya gotta admit, that for a tree, they are damned accurate shots!

They always seem to split a bit vertically and throw the knife edged portion, so it is NOT coincidence.;)

Wear the lid. Good Chaps cover the cheechnulls. And snip the Sassafrass before ya drop anything on 'em if they are acting sketchy..

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Latest posts

Back