A couple of big cottonwoods coming down... with some Metallica

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you guys like the video. I may make another soon, I have to go through the video and see if there cameraman was any good. The guy I used for this video left town.

I read up on a dutchman. I don't really see why I would ever use one. On the face cut on the tree here it was a very minor cut on the bottom cut because I cut out an extra two inch piece from the bottom. I probably should have cleaned that up.

-Keith

Last edited:
Hell of a choice of a song, one of my all time favorites. Great video! Next time I wanna see some giant Redwoods & some Slayer. Thanks man...

ArborX,

hey David!

Good to see you on Arborist site!

I thought you only liked videos from Jerry B, Reg and Ace tree, good to see you comment well on someone elses, must have been the metallica that helped. :)

Take care X,

Jeth B

don't know what climbers think about this but i'm totally impressed with the climbing, cutting, dropping, and the video production. learned a few things. did notice you being on the other side of the trunk from where the tops were being dropped. yeah, i know, "elementary my dear watson". you and your crew definitely earned your $$$ that day.

video

Very well done,looks like you and the crew like work well as a team.Thanks for posting it up. :clap:

Hey Keith,

When are you finishing up the next video? Or are you too busy with our little snow bust on the Front Strange? Also, how's the new bucket working? Cheers.

-Brent

When are you finishing up the next video? Or are you too busy with our little snow bust on the Front Strange? Also, how's the new bucket working? Cheers.

-Brent

Hey Brent,

Yeah that recent storm has me booked til Christmas. I haven't had a second to think of anything other than cutting trees and answering phone calls. We have been working weekends almost every week. It happened at a great time for me though, right when I had picked up some additional advertising and was starting a second crew. I have a bunch of narly removals lined up for this winter and I have even been bringing in a crane from time to time..... damn that makes things easy. The bucket truck has been working out great. It really has improved our efficiency.... though holy #### getting everyone their CDL's is a pain in the ass.

Do you do your own thing down in Denver or are you with a company?

-Keith

Great video, it was well edited. I'm going to try to put one together soon, just waiting for the right job to take a video of. Cameraman did really well, alot of videos I see on youtube are just clips of the climber and just dont go in depth like yours.

::thumbsup:: PatriotTreeCO,
...Yeah, very well done. I just saw the video, nothing like a good challenge to bring out your best.
Thanks for posting the video. :msp_thumbup:
Work safe.:msp_thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back