A couple of pics of the sawmill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L Wagner

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
View attachment 37901

Here's a couple of pics of the sawmill with a few logs in the background. I ran out of time yesterday as I was working on a couple of projects for Church.(an offering box and a baby cradle) when my daughter and son in law invited us to dinner in Fort Wayne. I'll post a few more pictures of lumber and sawmill loaded with a log or two in the next few days.

Larry:):):)

Sawmill Pics

Dusty

Thanks for the compliment. As to loading logs I have manhandled some of the smaller logs that have already been cut at my place. While cutting a friends logs last weekend we used a Bobcat. Presently I am in the process of building a set of loading ramps along with a winch setup for use when I have no access to power equipment. I should have ramps done late this week and I'll post pics of them installed along with winch set up. I will also post some lumber that I have already made as well as what I am making.(should be some of the logs in background)

Nice rig... looks all purdy and clean... gosh them white wheels are still white even. Yeah manhandling logs is about the toughest part of milling for me. The bigger ones take a LOT of time to work into position. I use an automotive floor jack, blocks and a cant hook to move them around little bit at a time. One time I was able to get 4" dia round firewood pieces under the log, then I used my vehicle to pull it, moving the logs to the front as they exited the rear of the log. Again, time consuming, but this log was over 2000 lbs and it was the only way to move it out into the open where I could mill it.

Bandmill Pics

Olyman

Will try to get better with pics on next post. Those were hard copies from my digital camera just scanned in to the computer. I am(with the wife's help) going to try to direct load out of the camera. I guess I have to load a program for the camera I have. I love the computer, but I'm not very computer literate when it comes to things like picture loading.

Woodshop
I'll be trying harder to show more dirt, but I like to keep it as clean as possible. It has milled about a 1000 BF so far total!

Latest posts

Back