Carma

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodgermac

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi all. Anyway yesterday I was invited through my wife to help a friend of hers husband cut wood. I loaded up my stuff including ATV. We got there and it was going to be a couple of days work to get this wood cut up. So after the first day was over wife, invited everyone back to our house for dinner. So Dennis threw his saw in the back of his truck and I suspect never touched it again. We all got back to house, I spent probably an hour plus sharpening, cleaning, adjusting my two sews. Dennis even made the comment I babied my sews too much. Even held up dinner a little bit, but wife knew better than to fuss. Anyway next morning back to cutting, I’d cut up three logs before he even got his Jonsered started. His was so dull he had to ask for a file which he didn’t know how to use effectively. I really felt bad for the trees and his poor saw, it didn’t deserve the abuse.

Not everyone is anal retention about things. Doesn't make them less of a person or "carma" whatever that is.

Did you help him with the sharpening?

I don’t think we’re going to be best buds or anything. If he would have asked I would have sharpened the chain for him, maybe. Yes I’m a lot OCD about my equipment and tools. I barely loan any tools period. If someone has to or needs to use something I’ve got I come attached. Wife and kids even know not to screw with anything in the garages. Heck once my daughter in college at the time asked me to change the oil in her car. Let’s just say after looking at the old oil, it turned into a new engine or newer car. She opted for a newer car, strangely she never asked me to change oil again. We laugh at that one.

It always scares me. If they don't know jack about simple maintenance, you can bet they know even less about safe operation. People seem to be very careless when it comes to chainsaw safety. I don't get it.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Went cutting with some friends a couple years ago. Had my tree down and bucked before they even got a saw started. I think they planned it that way though, because I ended up loading all my wood plus theirs since I was done cutting.

Latest posts

Back