A couple of questions for WA state members

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

large edward

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
New member here with a couple of questions on recommendations on oils for my new Dolmar PS-5100S.

Can anyone in the south Snohomish or north King county area recommend where I can find the best deal on 2-cycle oil and bar oil for this saw? What brand(s) would you recommend?

Thanks for any help.

Klotz R-50 Synthetic. You can buy it online from Dennis Kirk or Rocky Mountain MC for around $28/gallon. That is where I buy it - run it in my bike and in my saws! 40:1 and it smells so sweet!

FP, Yes they do but anyone with common sence will wise up and mix to the manafactures specks. Yes I did run this at 100/1 for a whloe season and no damage is noted. 028 has 172 lbs of compression as of last month. I changed my way to 40/1 after reading other posts. Experiance is the best teacher.

Thanks for the information, but I should have been more clear on my questions. I'm actually looking for the best source/price for quality stuff from a local store/dealer where I can purchase in person.

large edward said:
Thanks for the information, but I should have been more clear on my questions. I'm actually looking for the best source/price for quality stuff from a local store/dealer where I can purchase in person.

Welp, looks like you will have to hop in your car, drive to the dealers, check out their store, their inventory, their staff, and then make your decision! I would rather pay $5 more to a store with a good, helpful staff, than save $5 at a place where the staff are rude, ignorant, condescending and arsholes.

I think AutoZone carries Mobil Racing 2T.....I bought a bunch well over a year ago, from them, in Oregon, for a good price. General consensus is that it is as good as it gets.

Back