A differeny way to chop down a tree.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nilzlofgren

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
My FIL came in the house yesterday, and told me that the guy across the street was chopping down a tree with a machete. Sure enough, he cut down a 14 inch oak. took him about 45 minutes, but he did it. Wish I had pics.

Not the best tool for that job, obviously, but a machete sure is a handy tool.

Wow, he`s got balls, I have cut down plenty with a double bitted axe and thought that was slow and behind the times.LOL I watched a fellow and his son cut down a 10 " maple with an electric recip. saw ,did not like the fellow and refused to lend him a chainsaw. He could afford one though, he is a structural engineer.
Pioneerguy600

My FIL came in the house yesterday, and told me that the guy across the street was chopping down a tree with a machete. Sure enough, he cut down a 14 inch oak. took him about 45 minutes, but he did it. Wish I had pics.

Dude, you're so fired for not having pics. :)

When I was a land surveyor I regularly took down trees up to about 4" with a machete.

Years a go, I watched a neighbor's dad (a retired carpenter) took down a 8" tree in their back yard with a Skil Saw.

You also have to think of native people in different lands who took down large trees for construction, dug out canoes, etc. with stone axes, fire, etc. Pretty committed. Making do.

Philbert

Latest posts

Back