A good ad has clear and descriptive pics.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fearofpavement

Trying them all
Reaction score
See how clear and descriptive this pic is? You can tell the saw is orange and white and that it has a bar on it. What more would a potential customer need to know? A lovely neighborhood too.

01515_4FRiFtmmJ5Q_600x450.jpg

a close up pic including a pic of the saw with the covers removed maybe a shot of the chain to.

This saw isn't very close to me and I just looked at it because 044 ads are always interesting. Just thought this was an extreme example of putting pics in an ad that aren't much better than no pics at all. If the person doesn't know how to crop a picture, at least they could have walked a block or two closer to the subject...

Another favorite of mine is when there's about 3 pictures of a saw and they're all of the same side. Makes you wonder what's on the other side?

For the above ad, I'd suggest taking off the scabbard and laying it next to the bar. The bar is a $70 item, the scabbard a $5 item. Why cover it up? (it's a nice looking saw though, good thing it's so far away...)

Some of the best deals I have gotten on CL are from ads with no/poor picture. People like you don't respond and I can swoop in and get a deal. I have also looked at a bunch of dogs but that comes with the chase. :)

Same here.

I've come across some great deals where the seller has blurry pictures and a vague discription.

I just picked up a real nice SouthBend Lathe for cheap with a blurry picture and all they said was "lathe for sale"

Thats how we bought our house. Their realtor took crappy pics and no description. No one looked at it but us. Really nice house inside just needed a paint job. Got it about 50k under priced because he was too lazy to do his job.

I get a kick of the chainsaw ads on CL when they display them on the kitchen table. You KNOW wife is not happy with that!

I'm more of a Dolmar or Husqvarna guy, but if Homolites are your thing...

image.jpg

Back