A good book on two stroke tuning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crowe

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello,
Could any of you guys reccomend a good book for a beginner to get a hold that would be easily understood or something to that effect. Anyway I am just looking for something with a lot of good info on two stroke motors, tuning, etc... Holler back, Thanks Wade Huggins

Ben,
I thought those 200 degree exhaust port timing figures you posted a while ago looked familiar. Motorsicle stuff right out of Bell's book, verbatim.

Ben
Do you know where a guy can find a copy of Gordon Jennings(Two Stoke Tunners Handbook) or if it is even printed anymore? Thanks. Seth

Yep, I took the cylinder size of a saw and tried to use roadrace timing figures in it to see if I was close to waht the pros use. In retrospect I was way off because the figures where geared towards reed valve motors, the rpm limits where lower, and the figures would provide for narrow power curves.

btw This book is a good one as well. It will give you a good headache.
http://www.sae.org/servlets/productDetail?PROD_CD=R-161&PROD_TYP=BOOK&COMMON_SUCCESS=TRUE

Seth, The book is out of print and is very difficult to find. There is a copy attached by I believe KD floating around in the archives of this site. Try doing a search for it.

Ben
Thanks for the link,I remember that pdf file and that gave me a headache tring to read it.
glens,Thank you I found a used copy for sale from the link you provided.Thanks guys. Seth

Seth,

Was it that $120.00 item?

anyone,

Whatever was at http://edj.net/2stroke/jennings/ (from the AS link Ben provided) is now non-existent and is not in the Internet Archive either; does anyone have a copy they could email me?

Glen

Help!

I downloaded a copy of the Jennings book that KD put out a while back. When I try to open it..... it says Jennings.zip is not a valid win 32 application. What can I do to fix that? Thanks Wade

Ben, be careful of the figures you find in motorcycle books, unless you have a six speed gear box on your chain saw. Narrow power bands don't work on chain saws. Been there, messed a few up. Jon

2 stroke book

there is a copy of jennings two strike tuners book on ebay right now

jeff

Back