"A good firewood saw"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its all relative in the grand ol picture of things:) If it works, or if you want another toy, need another/better work saw, trying to get out and do something, like the smell of fresh cut cedar :clap: , recovering from a CABG (thats open heart surg!), etc, etc.. All that REALLY matters is that u are happy!!

Some will be happy with a $10 give me saw.. SOme will dream of a Stihl xxx, some will be talked into a husky :confused: :) , some will have 10 saws to pick from, and some will be asking Gary about oil before they even think about running thier saws!!, and some will find a way NOT to be happy!!

The faster a saw cuts means more work done faster. Quick cuts are considerably less effort. Why waste energy wrestling with the saw when you can use your energy more productively- like getting more split and hauled?

How long have you been married:dunno:? Some of us enjoy the time out of the house:heart: :bowdown:

I think the "firewood saw" label generally describes a saw that may not be tops in hp/lb, hp/$, or some other factor like that, but is nonetheless perfectly workable for the guy or gal who wants a durable and economical saw for cutting his firewood. I think that few would disagree that the lowly MS290/029, XL-12, and 55Rancher have kept a lot of people plenty warm over the years...

I think this is closest to being the best answer yet.

In my mind a good firewood saw is #1 Reliable, #2 Powerful enough to get the job done in a reasonable amount of time, #3 economical. All other concerns come after these three, weight, antivibe, availability of parts, ease of repair, and stuff professionals (and AS members) seem to worry about.

Back