A good mac-day(with pics)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paz

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
well what a satisfying day,,the 10-10 i have been trying to get going is now running strong(carb sorted),,super 250 has a new carb and going great,,mac-15 is a 2 pull starter,,and the 1-62,,well its a monster :rolleyes: ...tomorrows project is my 740 :p ....
in the pic from left to right is the-mobilco workmate,,1-62,,super 250,,10-10,,mac-15,,1-53,,740 and solo rex(for sale or swap)...am off now to have a look at a jonsered 910 :cool: ....

am trying to make it even sweeter(got a mac for me ;)).....
anyone know what the 910 jonny's are like???the guy wants $150(aus) for it,,new chain but the bar is shagged,,was rebuilt not to long ago apparently..bit tattered but mechanically in good nick.....

Sweet collection Paz especially the Mc's and as regards the Mobilco it's proberly got the AH58 engine fitted am i right ??

But what would i know being a Mac Man.

Mc Bob.

mate its an AH-47 on that saw..but i do have a complete AH-58 motor as well,,am guessing it means either cc's or model???would i be right???cant find any info on them at all except for what my dad knows,,he had the bigger one but sold it....

its amazing what you can do with a search button;)......all becoming a little clearer now :)...the Mobilco as we know it over here was sold in the states as an Eaton(i think) and also as a Mono
Engine:
Power Products AH-58
5.8 CI displacement (95 cc's)
Operating speed: 3000 to 7800 RPM
Reed valve induction
Bore and stroke: 2-3/32" X 1-11/16"
Carburetor: Tillotson 630763

Last edited:
The Mobiloco's i worked on i never thought much of at the time as i was getting too involved with the Mac's, i recall that during our trade in deals i traded in quite a few but these were earmaked for recycling and were recycled they proberly turned them into Echo's or Shindawa's i suppose, i sit back now and think of all the Vintage saws in that heap of trade-ins, we kept the Stihl's in a separate heap as we didn't want to contaninate the good metal with rubbish.

There must still be Mobilico's around as i have heard of at least 4 in the last couple of months.

McBob.

hehe,,,,should get the stihl boys biting.....
yes am a bit the same myself,,is a pity a lot of the old saws have gone to the great forest in the sky,,a lot of guys i talk to have thrown stuff out over the years,,if only we had a little forsight i guess...:(...

paz said:
hehe,,,,should get the stihl boys biting.....
yes am a bit the same myself,,is a pity a lot of the old saws have gone to the great forest in the sky,,a lot of guys i talk to have thrown stuff out over the years,,if only we had a little forsight i guess...:(...

I don't think Stihls would even make for poor leaf litter.
Maybe they would make better road base if ground up fine enough.

Mc Bob.

Latest posts

Back