A good problem to have...?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm running out of room to put my split wood. I've got 20 cords or so cut and split and near another 15 in log or rounds to get split. That is going to max out my full sun, wide open storage area and I'm liable to have to do some stacking to get it in there. After that I have to start stacking wood in a stand of tall pines. Not ideal but running out of options. If I keep a fair bit of room between the rows it should season well enough and I believe I will try to keep that area reserved for lesser hard woods.

I've had a storage/work area before that was in town, but it kind of makes it a lot like work to have to go there to process firewood as opposed to walking out the front door and doing a bit as time allows.

Sure ain't complaining, just cypher'n out load :drinkingcoffee:

I have plenty of room but I'm getting warn out . Seems like the more I split, the rounds and log piles get bigger. Going to be warm for a few days so I'll be just splitting as the lots I cut on will thaw . No fun getting stuck with a full load in the dump trailer and the truck.

The stuff in the shade will season if kept dry it will just take longer.

I'm running out of room to put my split wood. I've got 20 cords or so cut and split and near another 15 in log or rounds to get split. That is going to max out my full sun, wide open storage area and I'm liable to have to do some stacking to get it in there. After that I have to start stacking wood in a stand of tall pines. Not ideal but running out of options. If I keep a fair bit of room between the rows it should season well enough and I believe I will try to keep that area reserved for lesser hard woods.

I've had a storage/work area before that was in town, but it kind of makes it a lot like work to have to go there to process firewood as opposed to walking out the front door and doing a bit as time allows.

Sure ain't complaining, just cypher'n out load :drinkingcoffee:
How come you are stockpiling so much?

How come you are stockpiling so much?
I burn and sell both. What I burn is a by product of the wood I process to sell. I've had boom years and busts in regards to sourcing wood. This year we are doing pretty dang good and it keeps looking better, so as long as I can source it I'll keep stashing it away. :)

Back