a good saturday

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its good to see some pics from a fellow 2171 owner. I helped with a tornado cleanup in Caruthersville MO, and they had a lot of great big beech that just got hauled out to a landfill. I wish I wood have had a big trailer to haul some home to burn:cry:

i put the 20" bar on for this pile of logs and let her rip. speeking of trailerin i was putting 8-16' logs on each trailer load, its an old equipment tilt and load tandem axle, boy there was some weight there. i think i posted the pics in my "gone to the beech thread"

How is the Beech for burning? I have a big one down I just cut off of the rootball. I have seen lots of reports for other wood, but not too much on Beech. From the BTU chart, it should be pretty good.

How is the Beech for burning? I have a big one down I just cut off of the rootball. I have seen lots of reports for other wood, but not too much on Beech. From the BTU chart, it should be pretty good.

Beech is excellent firewood,right up there with sugar maple and oak.

All the beech on my wood lot was hit with some kind of "beech bark disease" years ago. It affected much of northern Maine I think. Any way, I have a lot of dead and/or struggling beech so that is what I mostly use for fire wood. I think it burns great.
dan.

That's a good days work! Beautiful wood, I'm not used to seeing so many straight pieces and pretty grain. The oak around here seems to grow every which direction but straight. I'm jealous of all the equipment you have to work with :clap:

My cousin ran a new fence line a couple months ago and used a D8 to clear the oaks out of the way. I lost count how many trees I cut out of the pile I was working on today. Four of the trees buried the 24" bar. I filled my truck, have another truck load cut up and who knows how many more loads to be cut in this pile. Its a lot of work getting to the good stuff and sometimes yanking parts out with the truck, but I'm not complaining. I got skunked on this mornings quail hunt, so this made up for it. :cheers:

Brad

last sunday all white oak some cherry

a>

log splitter

Woodfarmr do you like your log splitter? Built good??:confused: :confused: :monkey:

Latest posts

Back