Cherry with Ivy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cambium

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Arborist contacted me said he'll have some logs for me. Hard to pass up Cherry in the area but should I be concerned about the Ivy? Looks like English Ivy.

Would you take this?

bDTSmoZ.jpg

Didn't expect him to come this morning. 1st load dropped.

Man thats a lot of Ivy. Looks thick too. Should I spray it? This will be for winter 2024-25 obviously

GepUm7Bh.jpg

9xpF1I1h.jpg

Man thats a lot of Ivy. Looks thick too. Should I spray it? This will be for winter 2024-25 obviously

GepUm7Bh.jpg

9xpF1I1h.jpg

GepUm7Bh.jpg

9xpF1I1h.jpg
No don't spray, it wouldn't help anyway. Looks like regular English Ivy. Do you have any goats they can eat it.

English Ivy won't hurt you, it can actually even be used medicinally.
The tiny bit of poison ivy on the bottom of the tree in the first picture might give you a little trouble if you are badly allergic, but you should be able to knock it off as it dries, if it is even still on the wood.

Burn poison ivy and breath the smoke an allergic person is f d.

Not worth imho
English Ivy won't hurt you, it can actually even be used medicinally.
The tiny bit of poison ivy on the bottom of the tree in the first picture might give you a little trouble if you are badly allergic, but you should be able to knock it off as it dries, if it is even still on the wood.

Burn poison ivy and breath the smoke an allergic person is f d.

Not worth imho

Agreed, I wasn't trying to imply that he burn the poison ivy, I meant he should remove it from the lower couple of rounds.
I meant that the English Ivy would cause no issues.

Poison ivy in the lungs is not something anyone wants, and if enough of it is inhaled it can be fatal.

Told the guy if the base had poison ivy dont bring them. He never came back so I assume it did.

So just got this load from him. The ivy is already drying abd easy to pull off

9VXQmaFh.jpg

Back