A junkie's junk..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks better than some of the stuff I've tack welded together over the years. These boys here have no idea how good us grass cutters are at building stuff from nothing. We were recyclers before recycling was cool.

A few here have been at Lawnsite over the years but it sure wasn't love at first sight.
Someday when you have nothing to do, 54 pages of love. http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/bunch-of-jerks.122480/
Yea I've noticed firewood and lawn maintenance have one thing in common: both hobbies will run your wallet into the ground faster than a high maintenance girlfriend!
I got a kick out of first few pages of your link then I gave up on it. I ain't been on lawn site in coon's ages. Don't miss it much other than razzing lawngodfather lol

I'm still trying g to figure out the junk and poor part out????
The term junk was explained earlier but the poor thing is just relative I guess. By no means do I feel poor until I see guys' pictures loading logs on a new truck and trailer with a nice shiny tractor so they can feed their processor to make wood to deliver with their f650 dump truck.

Mostly I'm just trying to be humble.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The term junk was explained earlier but the poor thing is just relative I guess. By no means do I feel poor until I see guys' pictures loading logs on a new truck and trailer with a nice shiny tractor so they can feed their processor to make wood to deliver with their f650 dump truck.

Mostly I'm just trying to be humble.

those are words to live by... doing what you can with what you have on hand to keep what you have to be able to do better yet another day with others wishing they had what they threw away! your "junk" bigblue, is a gold mine!!

those are words to live by... doing what you can with what you have on hand to keep what you have to be able to do better yet another day with others wishing they had what they threw away! your "junk" bigblue, is a gold mine!!
Thank you sir! I've worked for everything I've ever had and I am glad my parents raised me that way. I wouldn't have it any other way. Only thing I owe on is my house, I've never had a vehicle payment in my life. I don't understand how so many people finance their life away like they do. I couldn't handle that.

Coming from a guy who has a "newer truck, trailer and tractor", I would trade it for your "junk" and no payment. I have been flipping stuff on the side to get a lot of what I have but I am not debt free by any means. The perceived idea of what one needs for firewood vs what one actually needs is totally different, with that said, having a front end loader makes everything way easier. I have recently cut back to just 2 saws. Less maintenance and its all I really need to go out into the woods. I just wish my tractor was paid for.

Blue, I have been following you since your build on mtf of the 4x4 lawn tractor. I like your work for sure.

Coming from a guy who has a "newer truck, trailer and tractor", I would trade it for your "junk" and no payment. I have been flipping stuff on the side to get a lot of what I have but I am not debt free by any means. The perceived idea of what one needs for firewood vs what one actually needs is totally different, with that said, having a front end loader makes everything way easier. I have recently cut back to just 2 saws. Less maintenance and its all I really need to go out into the woods. I just wish my tractor was paid for.

Blue, I have been following you since your build on mtf of the 4x4 lawn tractor. I like your work for sure.

Thanks Ryan! I'd love to have a loader definitely! I myself only use two of my saws the most. The others are either some sort of backup or if I'm up in a bucket etc. Appreciate the compliment.

Damn man, I'd say your loaded for Bear on 2.5 acres.
Lol I've got access to lots of wooded properties. Tons of wooded areas here, most of which are owned by farmers or hunters. Farmers want it cleared for more crops, hunters want trails made and maintained. Other owners sometimes just like it kept tidy. Not taking my truck back in the woods and can't haul enough to satisfy me in a small truck so I figure I'll go this route, bring logs to the truck and load them up.

Lol I've got access to lots of wooded properties. Tons of wooded areas here, most of which are owned by farmers or hunters. Farmers want it cleared for more crops, hunters want trails made and maintained. Other owners sometimes just like it kept tidy. Not taking my truck back in the woods and can't haul enough to satisfy me in a small truck so I figure I'll go this route, bring logs to the truck and load them up.

I guess that explains the thing with the blade. Is that a Steiner under there.

Hell I thought every skidder needed a blade? This was a trencher it came with the blade. I don't have a Steiner. Would like to though.

Log trailer bringing in some red oak. This thing works perfect and is handy as all get out. A huge plus is it's so lightweight that it's not putting a dent in fuel consumption to pull empty and even loaded it's lightweight compared to a bigger trailer. With a gross of 7k, I think it has payload around 6000# range. It's easy to load. My gooseneck is 12k gross but probably 3500# empty so it has a higher payload but not astronomically higher. With the gooseneck I can't load logs on the truck bed. With this pup tag trailer I can still put another 6k on the truck (little tongue weight on this trailer) so I can haul more this way than with the gooseneck, and be dragging around less weight when empty. This is good info because all we have here is hills and curves and it's hard on a loaded truck. Also earlier I was thinking I need to set up the gooseneck to haul logs, then I started running numbers in my head and realized I'm better off this way. Only instance where the goose is better is if I needed to haul long logs as I can only run 8' on the truck and currently 8' on this trailer although I'm thinking of adding another bunk to handle 12' logs. There's extra length there on the frame. It would allow me to load it to capacity without needing to stack the logs when hauling larger ones like this. The stacking is harder to do and less safe to unload.
3c48da3c212e93ae34ee9442b9a590d9.jpg
80db094bde6dfc7746c52c9668719f26.jpg
70731862242d2c21ea61bbb6fe378f6e.jpg

Back