A List of Future Saws That Should Be Made

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two or three 4-stroke, cat, consumer-level saws, one, maybe, designed to run on a disposable gas cartridge. Sell 'em like hotcakes, to keep the overall emissions numbers low, keep "real" saws available.

The saw designed to run on the propane cartridges could be "lifetime lubed", designed to last, say 50 hrs, then "recycled" when it dies. Don't laugh...50 hrs is a lot of work for a suburban homeowner. Many consumer-level saws never see that amount of use, ever.

Hi all,

Personally, I would like to see a four-stroke gas-electric hybrid or a bio-diesel model. It would of course have to have an ultra-quiet catalytic muffler and safety chain.

It's about time we take responsibility for our planet destroying activities and try to minimize their impact. For once, we can do something nice for the anti-logging protestors and all of the folks that volunteer their time to chain themselves to trees and lay down in front of bull dozers . Then again, I guess we would still be cutting down trees!

Adam

Would that be an Obumyasucker or Gorestictoya model?

I want a transformer saw. I'll cut the wood and then it'll transform into a robot wood loader. I'll let it load the wood while I sit down and drink a cold glass of water.

I am still waiting for the 141cc MS882 twin cylinder milling saw to hit the market........:popcorn::popcorn:

....and serial production of the ol' prototype 175cc version of the 090 would be nice! :)

Neither is for me though - no need here!

Last edited:
What about something on a 361 frame with a 54mm bore, woods ported at the factory with a bare bones muffler...

I know a saw I want to see- Stihl MS760 Magnum, obviously 076 remake.

First wish granted, you will need to south of the border though!
See Thread http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=95361
top.jpg

I am still waiting for the 141cc MS882 twin cylinder milling saw to hit the market........:popcorn::popcorn:

....and serial production of the ol' prototype 175cc version of the 090 would be nice! :)

Neither is for me though - no need here!

Need doesn't come into it when you have CAD!:laugh:

Back