A manly kind of stove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neat looking, but a welder's nightmare, especially if there's no separate firebox inside all that tubing:

attachment.php

Neat looking, but a welder's nightmare, especially if there's no separate firebox inside all that tubing:

Looks just like Free-Flow Stove Works "Circulator" from the late '70s, with glass-panel door, and a few more sections of tubing. The '70s version weighed 200 lbs.

I like it... it's like the double-barrel concept taken to the next level.
I'm already working out in my brain how to run it with forced air connected into an existing duct system.
Hmmmm..... Let's see now... use a heave gauge barrel for the firebox, heavy gauge exhaust pipe and an exhaust pipe bender, copper hot water coils between the pipes, a plenum collector/manifold connected to the duct work, blower/filter box on the bottom, skip the glass door... well maybe not, I do have the door on my "stovace" I could use........................ :laugh:

Reminds me of those heat tube thingys for fireplaces from the 1970's. My dad got one - it never did a darn thing. A good fireback worked better.

I seriously doubt those tubes would do anything at all.

Those stoves work incredibly well, the tubes pump out the heat. We have one sitting in the garage that hasn't been used in 20 years. It was once in a cabin that burned due to a basket being too close to the stove (as near as we could tell). The stove was used for a short time after. We just don't need it any more.

That's the 15% plus tax that is added in European panaceas for all of the stuff like Obama is going to grace us with. US residents are exempt. (For now)

I guess I knew what the letters stood for but didn't know what it meant. If that makes sense.

I don't think we pay that in Canada unless its hidden somehow, which it very well could be.

Looks cool if you want a stove in your man cave that looks like a funny car engine. I am sure the pipes do less that expected and would work like cooling fins but who knows? I am guessing if this type of design was a big leap in heat output more manufaturers would be incorporating this into their designs but again, who knows?? I am no engineer.

I am guessing if this type of design was a big leap in heat output more manufaturers would be incorporating this into their designs but again, who knows??

Ya' won't see that incorporated by North American manufacturers.
Those pipes pullin' heat from the firebox wouldn't allow the high firebox temperatures required to pass EPA regulations... especially the new regulations coming this year. I'm bettin' they make a ton of hot air... going on the amount of hot air produced by a barrel stove I built once. I put a smaller barrel inside a larger barrel and mounted a blower on the backside... it used a lot of wood, a whole lot of wood, but made more hot air than any other I've ever had. The air blowing out of it would melt cheap plastic!!

Those stoves work incredibly well, the tubes pump out the heat. We have one sitting in the garage that hasn't been used in 20 years. It was once in a cabin that burned due to a basket being too close to the stove (as near as we could tell). The stove was used for a short time after. We just don't need it any more.

PM sent

It says firewood up to 1 meter long, thats over 3 feet, I like that:rock:
As for looks it sure would start a conversation if you walked into a home with one installed and burning...

your pricing is all wrong, its not euros, its pounds sterling £ and vat is currently 20%, and as for a metre being just over a yard, 39.37 inches is it actual length ( the official and only recognised definition of an inch is 25.4 mm)

Latest posts

Back