A New Saw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenskip1

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Well, I guess the title says it all. But first let me say that my trusty Stihl 041 is still sitting in the wings ready and able to chew anything in it's path. However, ,it is getting heavier as the sands of time go trickling buy. So on another thread I stated that I would never buy another Stihl and I am sticking to that statement. The new replacement is a Echo CS-590.$379. Well the first order of business was removing the restricting baffle off the muffler. Then cutting the tabs off the limiter caps. This saw was running very lean from the get go. So hopefully I will get to run it later this week. A compression check was implemented. 175 PSI. Yes it does have a decompression valve and I will use it as the saw has already left it's mark on my hand. Hopefully this will be my last saw for a while. My new addition has already made itself comfortable settling next to another Echo, along with a Shinny ,and a couple of Stihls, and a Husky. Any words of advise on the new addition?

The muffler mods I have done on the Timberwolf have been ever so slight, by just snipping off the tin at exit outlet with tin snips...a 30sec operation.

Well, I guess the title says it all. But first let me say that my trusty Stihl 041 is still sitting in the wings ready and able to chew anything in it's path. However, ,it is getting heavier as the sands of time go trickling buy. So on another thread I stated that I would never buy another Stihl and I am sticking to that statement. The new replacement is a Echo CS-590.$379. Well the first order of business was removing the restricting baffle off the muffler. Then cutting the tabs off the limiter caps. This saw was running very lean from the get go. So hopefully I will get to run it later this week. A compression check was implemented. 175 PSI. Yes it does have a decompression valve and I will use it as the saw has already left it's mark on my hand. Hopefully this will be my last saw for a while. My new addition has already made itself comfortable settling next to another Echo, along with a Shinny ,and a couple of Stihls, and a Husky. Any words of advise on the new addition?
I always put a o ring under the air filter on those
To keep fine dust out.

Simple quick muffler mod leaving the tube in and removing part of the deflector to use just top half.

This one was to lean from factory too. Pull them limiters.

View attachment 896147
Timber wolf saw was about the easiest muffler to mod that I've ever laid hands on! Lol. Wish they were all that easy!

Latest posts

Back