A new Stihl MS770???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THALL10326

The Champ
Reaction score
Thinking of the big gap between the 660 and the 880 would you tree guys like to see a 770 put in the Stihl line up?? Something a tad bigger than the 660 but smaller than the 880? Say around 6-6.5 cubic inch? All feed back would be noticed. So whats your thoughts, would you guys like a 770 in the Stihl line up???

THALL10326 said:
Thinking of the big gap between the 660 and the 880 would you tree guys like to see a 770 put in the Stihl line up?? Something a tad bigger than the 660 but smaller than the 880? Say around 6-6.5 cubic inch? All feed back would be noticed. So whats your thoughts, would you guys like a 770 in the Stihl line up???

Yes.......... sign me up for one .

04ultra said:
Yes sign me up for one...:rockn: :rockn: :rockn:

No fear my boy, your 2, I'm the other one. I think a 770 would be a hit because the gap between the 660 and the 880 is too large. No fear I know exactly who to pass this idea to.

oh but there is a gap.. not a factory saw but us saw tuners provide it. situations like that is why we are around and why people want modified saws. pack less weight with more power!

Marco said:
What about the hole in between the 260 & 361 in the pro line? Wouldn't there be more sales there?

So true Marco and I've been pondering that one too, great idea there for sure.

computeruser said:
660 size saw, 6.5cubic inch displacement = one heck of a machine! I don't even need one, but I'd buy it anyway.

My thoughts exactly, I think it would be a big hit......

I like the idea of the 770....7.7Liter Galaxie. Yup, Stang needs one of the 7.70 saws. I think Freak needs one to experiment with, Tom, you donating? lol

NWCS said:
oh but there is a gap.. not a factory saw but us saw tuners provide it. situations like that is why we are around and why people want modified saws. pack less weight with more power!

Bingo there, a 770 with the power of a 880, your thinking just right on this....

Freakingstang said:
I like the idea of the 770....7.7Liter Galaxie. Yup, Stang needs one of the 7.70 saws. I think Freak needs one to experiment with, Tom, you donating? lol

lol, no Stang but I been pondering that big gap between those saw for a long time. Wanted to see what others thought as well. Looks like I wasn't the only one who thought another saw should fill the gap. This might go somewhere my man, just might, ya nevers knows,lol

I think a factory big bore 660 would be nice, something in the 100-105cc range, but leave it on the same 660 bottom end if it will handle it, for a small package and lighter weight than the behemouth. lol

Freakingstang said:
I think a factory big bore 660 would be nice, something in the 100-105cc range, but leave it on the same 660 bottom end if it will handle it, for a small package and lighter weight than the behemouth. lol

Stang you and me thinks alike. I think it would sell bigtime........

Marco said:
What about the hole in between the 260 & 361 in the pro line? Wouldn't there be more sales there?

yes, but... there's only a $100 difference anyhow... I'd say just replace the 260 with a 261.. but add about 1/2 of a HP at the same weight, and put the 361 suspension system on it.

Last edited:
I've wondered myself about the big gap in the newer lineup. There must be some history here. Maybe the sales numbers just weren't there for the 070/070AV/075AV/076AV???

Hey Thall, I'll unselfishly offer myself up as a field tester for ya though if you pull it off, I'll even pay for the gas meself:rockn:

Turner said:
I've wondered myself about the big gap in the newer lineup. There must be some history here. Maybe the sales numbers just weren't there for the 070/070AV/075AV/076AV???

Hey Thall, I'll unselfishly offer myself up as a field tester for ya though if you pull it off, I'll even pay for the gas meself:rockn:

Cool, I been pondering it a long time, time to put the idea to the test. I think the 650 was a flop but think a 770 would be a hit..

Lakeside53 said:
yes, but... there's only a $100 difference anyhow... I'd say just replace the 260 with a 261.. but add about 1/2 of HP at the same weight, and put the 361 suspension system on it.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm now thats a idea and a half. Good idea Lake, real good. Jotting that one down.......

Latest posts

Back