a pretty good pawn shop find

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
personally my experiance with fluxcore is that its very crap, it takes the worst out of stick welding and adds it to the worst of gas mig and you gave gasless mig.

would have been better with a POS 10% duty cycle stick welder IMO.

You have no idea on what your talking about. There is nothing wrong with flux core. You just get cleaner welds with a gas mig, less spatter.

Scott, go invest in a nice auto dimming helmet. They really help. And stick with C's not O's. When you do a O you are moving the gun back into a half cooled weld. For the price you did great!

thanks matt,,,,, it won't get a lot of use but it will be nice to have it around when i need it

Well i just found out i spent the last 30 or so years building plate rollers and other tankshop equitment with fluxcore and i was doing it wrong.I have burnt tons of it and always thought it worked real good.

welll got to put it to good use today,, i had to weld my jack back on my tilt trailor,, laid some good beads,, i think it already paid for itself

I've had one for a while. I can move it around the ranch[it's 110v], don't have to take everything to the shop. I have put a couple rolls through it. I find Lincoln wire is much better. I do wish I could turn it down lower for real light things. I bought a Auto darkening helmet, never had one, love it.
Have fun with it, I do.

Back