A question for you professional loggers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gologit

Gologit

Completely retired...life is good.
. AS Supporting Member.
Unless you have ever logged in the North west.you don't know loggin.cuttin old growth and high lead loggin will make a man out of anyone of they can make the first couple weeks.

You might want to re-word that...just a little. Some of the guys from the other side of the Rockies are pretty good loggers. They go at it a little different and the wood is different but from what I've seen the last few years here they're logging just like we are.

They face pretty much the same problems we do...just in a different part of the country.

Cut 'em some slack. They talk a little funny but they're not bad guys. Usually. :msp_biggrin:

logging22

logging22

Cuttin to live, livin to cut
Unless you have ever logged in the North west.you don't know loggin.cuttin old growth and high lead loggin will make a man out of anyone of they can make the first couple weeks.

Is that right? Just because im not from the west coast means i dont know how to log? Pftttt! Logging is logging. Just cause i dont have a high lead or tower or any of that bs dont mean i dont know how to log. We just do it different here, thats all.

slowp
How could you not miss that???? That is what high lead is all about the steep ass hills we have logged is only one of the many thrills one can only experience with a passion for this kind of stuff.I Love it!!! Wouldn't trade it for anything

According to your profile, you are 23 years old. Where around Etna, CA are they still high lead logging old growth timber?

Just wondering. :confused:

Gologit

Gologit

Completely retired...life is good.
. AS Supporting Member.
According to your profile, you are 23 years old. Where around Etna, CA are they still high lead logging old growth timber?

Just wondering. :confused:

I can't think of anywhere around here where they're doing that. You might pick up a corner here and there but it's usually scattered and they'll cat log it or use a helicopter. Not nearly enough to justify what it would cost to bring in a yarder.

Enough OG for a yarder side would be good to see and I'd like to get in on it but I don't see it happening.

slowp
There are self loading trucks coming out of somewhere in my neighborhood, but there are no cheery whistles to be heard so I do not think a yarder is working. Nope, no need for more Colifonians up here, even ones from Siskiyou County. :msp_mad: Don't move here.

Jacob J.
Hey! What are you guys doing up behind my folks place? Taking a field trip down here and not telling me? Seriously, That looks like parts of Beals Creek, Basin Ck and Timbered Rock area. Steep enough you can spit from one side to the other from the landing. Lots of good hunting though, no one would get off the road and venture into the timber.

The more parallel you get, the easier gravity work. :jester:

Timbered Rock maybe, I never saw anything up Beals Creek that was that bad. When I was with Huff & Puff, we logged 900 acres on BLM up behind my uncle Jim's house, it wasn't so bad. A few small rock bluffs scattered through the unit but good enough timber. I was getting three longs or two longs and a short out of it. That picture is classic Tillamook logging though.

Follow the lines...into the draw. Looks like they go down a long way.

That's how that ground is. We had a lane in a unit on Burnt Mountain that was 4300' from the edge of the landing to the creek. 50 minute hike out almost everyday.

mile9socounty

mile9socounty

Two-Stroke Swope
Timbered Rock maybe, I never saw anything up Beals Creek that was that bad. When I was with Huff & Puff, we logged 900 acres on BLM up behind my uncle Jim's house, it wasn't so bad. A few small rock bluffs scattered through the unit but good enough timber. I was getting three longs or two longs and a short out of it. That picture is classic Tillamook logging though.

There are a few good area's. Left hand fork where the old jeep road tied into the main Beals. Thats a pretty far drop down in the hole. The old tie road from the Russel Ck mine back over to the 4 corners. (Beals, Shively, Stouts and the lake.) Right above the rock pit on the right hand side. I think Brownson did the job. But nothing tops the clear cuts I had to plant just west of Sutherlin. The unit was called Valley Sandwich. Why? I had no idea, but I didnt end up liking the hillside. I believe it was Tyee Mt.

northmanlogging
they grow alot of pot everywhere! and to say people like me live in california is kinda an insult. state of jefferson

Up here in Warshington, we can spot kaliphonians, just by the way they walk, and how they drive, the pure bs comes when they open their mouths and start voting, or running for office, not to mention the carrying of an umbrella, so yeah its kind of an insult... cheers:msp_biggrin:

RandyMac

RandyMac

Stiff Member
they grow alot of pot everywhere! and to say people like me live in California is kinda an insult. state of Jefferson

simmer down lad

StateoJ.jpg