A.S Convert

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woodsrover

Woodsrover

ArboristSite Operative
Well...I've been thinking about it all day, and I believe that my next saw is going to be a 460 with a 25" bar.

Just bought the same set-up a month or so ago and did the dual port muffler cover this past weekend. Had a chance to tie into some nice red oak Sunday and I'm really impressed. It's not the saw I use the most, but I love it when I do. All the saw I'll ever need unless I get a CSM.

Jim

oak3.jpg

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
026/260

The 026 is a fine saw... Just took Dolmar 16 years to figure that out how to make one incrementally better. The main criticism is that it's no longer state-of-art, but then again, neither am I. Sure it's an older design, but rock soild and a decent performer (like I'd like to think I am) ;)

Good post!

I allways liked the 260, even though it doesn't allways sound that way in my posts.:D :D

.....it is just that the anti-vibe and air filter system is outdated, and there are better 50 cc saws out there. :biggrinbounce2: :biggrinbounce2:

Last edited:
OLY-JIM

OLY-JIM

ArboristSite Guru
MS260 Pro

Thanks for the input on the 260 fellas! I like the saw myself. I haven't had my hands on a Dolmar or Husky yet and from the sounds of it these saws are excellent. I priced a 260 Pro today and it came in at $489, how does that stack-up as far as Stihl's go? Husky's 353 has the best price of the bunch. I like the idea of staying with a design that works, will last, and has a solid customer support base should service/parts become an issue. Thanks for the help!

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
Thanks for the input on the 260 fellas! I like the saw myself. I haven't had my hands on a Dolmar or Husky yet and from the sounds of it these saws are excellent. I priced a 260 Pro today and it came in at $489, how does that stack-up as far as Stihl's go? Husky's 353 has the best price of the bunch. I like the idea of staying with a design that works, will last, and has a solid customer support base should service/parts become an issue. Thanks for the help!

Imo, the MS260 is overpriced in the US, but still a lot cheaper than here.......

Stihl 041S
Don't Beleive It All

All New Guys:

All this PC welcome,friend happy happy, its a virus, is crap.

Its like drinkin, if you are a drunk, you dont have to go to meetings, alkys do, and they have to be ashamed

A virus? What would happen if they came up with a cure? Do you even want to think about that, well do ya punk?

And if you wanted to trade that old saw Stihl doesnt make any more, a 09 something, they would

Take the coins off their dead mothers eyes if they thought they would lose a deal at a yard sale.

You are a saw junkie, a lush, it aint a virus

If its a virus, you cant file a claim under the"Americans with disablities Act"

If you are a junkie, You Are Covered!!!

To prove it, There is a list going up on the SS Washers, and they are going to go there, and quit saying Happy Happy New Guy Friend, They want their Fix, and they got to wait, but wait they will.

Welcome Rob

Latest posts