A story you'll appreciate

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe25DA

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
So today I stopped by a new account to haul out some brush. It's great cause it's 5 minutes from my house, Aldo doesn't hurt that the owner is a single mom, my age and quite lovely;). Anyway she had a bunch of her friends over helping her clean (mostly other hot chicks) and 2 guys. So guy 2 pulls up in a new accura and gives a dirty look to my stakebody on the curb. Guy 2 then grabs his guerrilla ladder and a newish ms 290. Proceeds to back yard and sets up ladder on tree. Starts his saw and revs the pi$$ out of it for the chicks I guess. I mind my own, but told Angela ( the homeowner ) that this is a bad idea and this guy looks clueless. I say, " cool saw, think it's a bit big for that branch"? He says nah. I'll add that I could have cut the limb with a Swiss Army knife. He makes his cut, gets saw pinched. Shocking. I say need a hand ? Nope. He tugs and tares and rips the saw out. Now he wants to cut over his head. I tell his girlfriend that this will end bad. She convinced him to stop and come down. I play dumb and ask about his saw. He tells me it's a pro saw a cross between a climbing and felling saw. Again it's a 290. So mr khaki shorts and white new balance sneakers looked like a hero I guess. I bet his head would have spun if I told him I run older poulans. Luckily he didn't get hurt but like they say pride comes before the fall.

Unfortunatly that kind of tuff happens more often than we would like to think. I had u guy three houses away cutting away at a 24" stump with a ms 170 or 180 and ground his chain into his steel wedge. I asked if he ciuld use some help and was promptly told NO. I walked away and shook my head. Now my neighbors know I have saws and he had to hear them run often, but stupid pride was all his. Poor little Stihl that was likely to end its life that day. My 372 could have done the job in seconds. All be it with the steel wedge removed.

So today I stopped by a new account to haul out some brush. It's great cause it's 5 minutes from my house, Aldo doesn't hurt that the owner is a single mom, my age and quite lovely;). Anyway she had a bunch of her friends over helping her clean (mostly other hot chicks) and 2 guys. So guy 2 pulls up in a new accura and gives a dirty look to my stakebody on the curb. Guy 2 then grabs his guerrilla ladder and a newish ms 290. Proceeds to back yard and sets up ladder on tree. Starts his saw and revs the pi$$ out of it for the chicks I guess. I mind my own, but told Angela ( the homeowner ) that this is a bad idea and this guy looks clueless. I say, " cool saw, think it's a bit big for that branch"? He says nah. I'll add that I could have cut the limb with a Swiss Army knife. He makes his cut, gets saw pinched. Shocking. I say need a hand ? Nope. He tugs and tares and rips the saw out. Now he wants to cut over his head. I tell his girlfriend that this will end bad. She convinced him to stop and come down. I play dumb and ask about his saw. He tells me it's a pro saw a cross between a climbing and felling saw. Again it's a 290. So mr khaki shorts and white new balance sneakers looked like a hero I guess. I bet his head would have spun if I told him I run older poulans. Luckily he didn't get hurt but like they say pride comes before the fall.
Depending on how much of a Jackwagon the guy was, I might of let him kill himself.
Watching idiots in action is one of the true joys in life.

Thanks for sharing the story joe. Its better to have all your body parts intact and go home after the job is done then act like a( know it all) and get hurt and have the women visit you in the hospital Or worse .

"White New Balance sneakers"…:cool:

...doesn't hurt that the owner is a single mom, my age and quite lovely;). Anyway she had a bunch of her friends over helping her clean (mostly other hot chicks)...
Man gotta love good looking women. :baba:

... and 2 guys...
Not so much... :nofunny:

I don't know whether I would have interfered , probably would but later wish I hadn't (don't hate me)!

Decent good people tend to help the stupid and arrogant even though they most likely don't deserve it.
You stopped the dude from hurting himself over pride , that makes You a good person to be around. :)

Depending on how much of a Jackwagon the guy was, I might of let him kill himself.
Watching idiots in action is one of the true joys in life.
I don't know the guy. Just judging from his arrogance and lack of experience. But I knew he was a dink when he scoffed at my truck, which is funny too cause I get more compliments on that truck than my tacoma, that truck has a 2" lift, trd wheels exhaust and other goodies. But the '84 gmc 3500 has way more fans. Good way to judge character I guess

It's hard to take the high road around that sort of arrogant, privileged, know-it-all type.

Know it all's are a PITA. Mix that with trying to impress some ladies and I don't even want to be around. It seems the less they actually know, the more sure they are of themselves. Try to correct them or help with any point, and everything turns around, and somehow you end up looking like the ahole. If you watch them screw everything up, then they wonder why you didn't say something, or they are just too ignorant to comprehend their mistakes. Who needs it. More than that, any woman worth having, isn't impressed either by that behavior. All they succeed in is verifying what an idiot they are.

pride comes before............

Latest posts

Back