A Strato World.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Strato" design just seems to be the best way to please the EPA and similar regulations that is availiable at the moment - and some "Strato" designs show signs of improvement over the "first generation" ones already!

Cats and "strangled" mufflers will only go so far....... ;)

Time will tell what the future brings! :chainsawguy:

Right.......like the 576 compared to the 575. Marked improvement. I guess I just want less weight and more power. However, they are doing a great job with these strato's!!

Direct fuel injection?

Maybe we will see the introduction of direct fuel injection on our small loved ones. This will enable to flush the cylinder with fresh air and totally control the amount of fuel injected. Intro of the lean burn high output engine. And yes it will work without a battery!
Maybe its considered to complex and vuneable for this application.
Like Sawtroll says:"Time will tell".
Just some of my thoughts.

Regards

Motorsen :blob2:

Maybe we will see the introduction of direct fuel injection on our small loved ones. This will enable to flush the cylinder with fresh air and totally control the amount of fuel injected. Intro of the lean burn high output engine. And yes it will work without a battery!
Maybe its considered to complex and vuneable for this application.
Like Sawtroll says:"Time will tell".
Just some of my thoughts.

Regards

Motorsen :blob2:

Excellent. That's what I'm looking for.....new technologies

I guess like everything else it depends

My opinion, I think we're going to see some really great things coming in the future. Sometimes change needs a nudge. 30 years ago, when Chevy was selling the Vega and Ford the Flinto, nobody thought a 4 cylinder auto with 250 hp delivering 25 to 30 mpg would ever exist.

As to the 576XP take it from an old guy. I ran a much revered 281XP in the landing and felling for years. The 576XP is a lighter, quicker spooling and higher reving version of the 281XP. It has the same broad power band and ability to pull a good chip just like the 281XP. So I guess if you look back far enough, not everything is as bad as it seems.

I still want a cherry 262XP however.

Take Care

A
I guess like everything else it depends

My opinion, I think we're going to see some really great things coming in the future. Sometimes change needs a nudge. 30 years ago, when Chevy was selling the Vega and Ford the Flinto, nobody thought a 4 cylinder auto with 250 hp delivering 25 to 30 mpg would ever exist.

As to the 576XP take it from an old guy. I ran a much revered 281XP in the landing and felling for years. The 576XP is a lighter, quicker spooling and higher reving version of the 281XP. It has the same broad power band and ability to pull a good chip just like the 281XP. So I guess if you look back far enough, not everything is as bad as it seems.

I still want a cherry 262XP however.

Take Care

It's very interesting to think what we may have in 10 years the way technology is moving!
Could be / prolly will be better than ever.

"I still want a cherry 262XP however."

Got one, and like everything else around here, it's for sale. The wife is for sale too, and that's a great deal for me, because in a week you'd pay me MORE to take her back!...LOL

As for Stratto saws, I have two of them, the Ryobi and the Husqvarna 435. They are both strong runners for the cc's. The power curve is broad and "flat", not really any sweet spot in the rpm range, they just pull hard clear across the usable load/speed range. Can't fault them anyplace, and we have quite a few hours on them to date, with no reliability issues, etc........Cliff

swamp yankee

Maybee there was a good reason for me to start this thread afterall, looks like sswamp yankee now has a line on his cherry 262xp!!:greenchainsaw::cheers:

Back