• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Does Stihl make bigger dogs?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you use this 1135 650 7750 set, you have the large bumber spikes with the roller chain catcher.
Thanks il check them out but is there a way to search the parts number on the internet and see the part yourself?

I did a quick search, here's an EBay seller with a good reputation that has good photos. I suspect shipping to Romania will be the killer. https://www.ebay.com/itm/385122877669
You "should" be able to get this kit from a local Stihl Dealer at a reasonable price.

However, any good therapist will tell you that "Should" statements are of very little value.

I did a quick search, here's an EBay seller with a good reputation that has good photos. I suspect shipping to Romania will be the killer. https://www.ebay.com/itm/385122877669
You "should" be able to get this kit from a local Stihl Dealer at a reasonable price.

However, any good therapist will tell you that "Should" statements are of very little value.
You are right. First if i am not wrong these spikes are a part of the "full wrap handle kit" but im kinda sad that i just can't get some actual aftermarket dogs. Il check the price on these but i just found some really big and cool looking dogs and ebay but the fact that these come from the usa the shipping price is like 32.50 USD while the dogs that come with a chain catcher and hardware are like 10... but to be honest i think il try to find some good dogs at my dealer and if that fails il just save up and get these ones from ebay. I think they got a good grip.Screenshot 2024-01-16 195143.png

I'm sure you can get aftermarket dogs. It just depends on what you want to pay. I don't see MS 362 listed on that ad. Most likely not what you want.

For my use, I don't need bigger dogs, and I'm not out to impress anyone, so the stock dogs are fine for me. If I need bigger dogs, I probably need a bigger saw, too, so I just grab that.

I'm sure you can get aftermarket dogs. It just depends on what you want to pay. I don't see MS 362 listed on that ad. Most likely not what you want.

For my use, I don't need bigger dogs, and I'm not out to impress anyone, so the stock dogs are fine for me. If I need bigger dogs, I probably need a bigger saw, too, so I just grab that.
The ad itself doesn't say it but in the product's description says that they find the 362 as well.😌

find a section of stainless steel from a old table top, trace the shape of yours onto it then change the length/shape to suit you then cut them out and drill the holes you marked, needs to be 14-16 gauge thickness.
If you have the money the dogs from this this company do not disappoint, just be ready to get the fasteners and chain catcher as well, use stihl fasteners or they will break, come loose or not fit properly.

https://www.baileysonline.com/pro-safety-felling-dogs-4-point-for-stihl-ms-361-ms-362-chainsaws.html
Those things suck on smaller saws.
Got my own recipes for dogs. Swap around a few things and presto.

Latest posts

Back