A suggestion for carrying saw tools and accessories!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trigger Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have a suggestion for anyone wanting to keep there saw accessories and such, in a nice bag thats easy to carry, get your self an electricians tool bag, I've had one for a few years now but I p/u a new one here the other day, yes from walmart but it was cheap and had a nice little divider box for small stuff like spark plugs, cir-clips , rim mates etc. you can carry wedges and files and all sorts of stuff in the bag itself.
Here's some pics of what I'm talking about, maybe someone has already mentioned this before?:cheers: Sorry for the fuzzy pics.

ive been using a heavy duty canvas bag that came with a cheapo ryobi tool set and its worked great holds my bar oil gallon can with spout out the top ppe extra chains an extra bar all my tools i need and it has 3 front pockets also

a nice shoulder strap so you can easily carry 2 saws and the bag around in and out of the woods

Jobmate

I have the same Jobmate red and black bag as you. Works perfect. Thank you Crappy Tire. Lots of slots for files and and orange handled screwdrivers. I even keep my tach and compression tester in there. Couple of spare plugs, screnches etc...

i use a 50 cal. ammunition box from the surplus. It is long enough to hold files and wrenches, plus you can keep spare plugs, filters, chains and that kind of stuff. Plus it keeps the rain out.

I have the same Jobmate red and black bag as you. Works perfect. Thank you Crappy Tire. Lots of slots for files and and orange handled screwdrivers. I even keep my tach and compression tester in there. Couple of spare plugs, screnches etc...

Yep! she's job mate but for $9.99 plus you get a duffle bag with it, I don't care what happens too it! The other one was made by Plano, I have there brand of fishing tackle boxes and they seem to last.

Nice bag,Trigger.
LOL:givebeer:

Are you sh&%ing on my choice of bags!lol:) They work that's all I'm worried about, Its the only job mate product I would own Though! The Plano was from Wally mart, A little more $$ but I like the plastic box it comes with.
I carry that bag with me right up to the tree that I'm felling, Just in case I need something. I hate tool belts.

Last edited:
I know if someone trash talked my jobmate bag and I lived in NS I'd be making a late night run over the fixed link!!:)

Scratch that idea. It'll cost you $46 + gas to get back home. Save that for chainsaw parts. :cheers:

I know if someone trash talked my jobmate bag and I lived in NS I'd be making a late night run over the fixed link!!:)

Scratch that idea. It'll cost you $46 + gas to get back home. Save that for chainsaw parts. :cheers:

LOL! I don't care if he was talking trash, jobmate power tools do suck, but the bag ain't so bad. Its handy to carry my tools.

;)Besides all they got to cut on that Island is potatoes!LOL:laugh:

Last edited:
Bags

I use a $4 HF tool bag thats about the size of a loaf of bread and it carries all that I need it to and it zips shut. Oh and its going on seven years now:cheers:

Careful now. I'm an Islander too. :clap:

I know he wasn't talking trash. I think some of us less mature folks just get a chuckle about talking about their bag or some other guy's bag. OK, time to talk chainsaws now.:)

Thanks for sharing the idea, and I mean no offence, but am I the only person that got a headache trying to look at those pictures? Either they are so incredibly out of focus or my eyes are. I don't think a single image was even close to being in focus. But it gives us an idea of what you were referring to.

Thanks for sharing the idea, and I mean no offence, but am I the only person that got a headache trying to look at those pictures? Either they are so incredibly out of focus or my eyes are. I don't think a single image was even close to being in focus. But it gives us an idea of what you were referring to.

No offence taken the camera is a POS!:) I have to say though bud, you've been on the site since '07 and all you got is 17 posts:dizzy:

Last edited:
When I can drive my van to the log I take a heap of stuff ( including a plastic chair with me so I can sit down when I'm filing) when I go milling.

Here's a couple site setups.
attachment.php

I have 3 drawer metal tool box plus its own fold up ally table - I hate putting things down in the dirt.
Mill gets it's own trestle table with table top recesses to hold the mill while I tune the saw.

attachment.php

The Dingo is not mine - wish it was!

No bag for me . i just take about 6 saws all gassed oild and sharp. When i run outa fuel or dull a chain i just grab another saw!

Are you sh&%ing on my choice of bags!lol:) They work that's all I'm worried about, Its the only job mate product I would own Though! The Plano was from Wally mart, A little more $$ but I like the plastic box it comes with.
I carry that bag with me right up to the tree that I'm felling, Just in case I need something. I hate tool belts.

LOL! I don't care if he was talking trash, jobmate power tools do suck, but the bag ain't so bad. Its handy to carry my tools.

;)Besides all they got to cut on that Island is potatoes!LOL:laugh:

Careful now. I'm an Islander too. :clap:

I know he wasn't talking trash. I think some of us less mature folks just get a chuckle about talking about their bag or some other guy's bag. OK, time to talk chainsaws now.:)
Alright you two.....take a deep breath.....sheesh, can't even give a man a compliment on his bag. A little sensitive, are we? I actually thought it was a good idea, I drag my stuff around in an old rusty toolbox. I really dont think all the veiled threats and the personal attack on my homeland were warranted.You're pretty much right about the potatoes though........LOL LOL
:cheers:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back