A Typical Day at the Office

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damon

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So after looking through pics of you guys doing production work and using cranes and all sorts of fancy production equipment i thought id show you how we do things where i come from:

Here is a little something to wet your appetite for high dollar technical work :)

S5000063.jpg

So this tree and the dead spruce have to be removed but heres the catch, the fine for dropping even a single piece in the ocean 6000$ payable to the coast guard. it is almost a mile walk from the nearest road into this piece of protected land.

S5000057.jpg

The plan from the tall spruce behind i have set a high anchor then ran back stays off the spruce so it wouldnt get up rooted. i set a second anchor over in this cove tommorow ill run the 3/8" stainless cable for the highline tommorow from my boat.

S5000064.jpg

The plan is to highline all the limbs over into the cove and a few big pieces, the remaining large pieces are going to be lowered down onto a lobster boat and hauled away.

TDamon86

this goes out to all you guys in the midwest you can keep your cranes you califonians can keep your palms the PNW guys can keep there big timber, you mass. guys can keep your ####ty drivers and beantown(just let me watch the sox on nesn), you conneticut guys can keep whatever it is you have (i didnt even know conneticut had trees!!), canadians your no big deal we have moose, snow, and funny accents here too, and bermie and all you other southerners you can keep your warm winters and sandy beaches, Ill take the view from my office any day : P
S5000059.jpg

And the money shot from my saddle on the first ascension

S5000065.jpg

S5000058.jpg

Tom

Last edited:
Creative work, but us midwest guys usually don't use cranes just bucket trucks and then we farm out the crazy jobs to crazy climbers like nails.

how to offend the remaining 1/3

how do i offend the remaining 1/3!!!

ok ill try:

australians your toilets go backwords and you have kangaroos im not a big fan of marsupials which is the same reason i dont like west virginia those darn possums texas sorry but your only the second largest state in the union not as big as you thought eh? new zealanders you have to many things that can kill you that are creepy and crawly, europeans? you all live next to france enough said french you guys wouldnt understand if i tried to insult you so i wont bother same goes for quebec(even the french wouldnt take you guys), americans were all fat and lazy europeans your a bunch of snobs, mexicans my hats off to you guys you all out work us any day of the week i really have nothing bad to say about you other then that your gonna put all these other lazy guys out of buisness with your work ethic. I hope that insults everyone equally? if ive missed anyone please let me know :) you guys can have it all just leave me my little piece of paradise here : )

Hopefully tommorow ican get some more epic pics for you guys so you can drool and then make snide remarks about how im doing things all wrong ill do my best to feed the beast that is the AS forums : P

Tom

Now you've pissed off the Chinese for leaving them out, so they are going to come over and buy your piece of paradise and turn it into a shoe factory.

ok for the chinese you people own us there are TOOOOOOO may of you to count and you make crappy stuff prime example the ouelegon chainsaw now if that isnt a blatent rip off i dont know what is(here is an example of the ridicoulousness i was at Eastec which is a huge machinist show talking to this chinese guy about his products and were walking around shooting the #### we come upon and MSI table (a company that makes precision measuring equipment) the guy walks up slams a couple hundred bucks down to buy a floor model of a dial indicator and walks away with me as were walking away i said something along the lines of you guys sell stuff like that(his company) and he replies "i send back to my brother in china there he can make this fo 7.99 we sell fo 30 make real big profit")

the japanese you guys created a car company that is moving forward....uncontrollably....

Rusians you had chernoble and now as near as i can tell its just really cold there like canada.

ok i think that should cover everyone on here now.

and for you british columbians our wonderful neighbors to the north ill leave you with this:

Ive toted logs in the woods of Maine,
And ive worked the booms in the west coast rain,
Well ive topped a tree in a redwood show,
And ive piled pine logs in idaho,
But a highball show id yet to see till i came to the woods of ole BC
So brothers now lets drink a toast to the way they log on the BC coast!

(this is not original so no one jumps down my back)

new zealanders you have to many things that can kill you that are creepy and crawly.
na thats the guys over the ditch!
only thing that gets us is all you folks who drive on the wrong side of the road when you come here on holiday.

So after looking through pics of you guys doing production work and using cranes and all sorts of fancy production equipment i thought id show you how we do things where i come from:

Here is a little something to wet your appetite for high dollar technical work :)

So this tree and the dead spruce have to be removed but heres the catch, the fine for dropping even a single piece in the ocean 6000$ payable to the coast guard. it is almost a mile walk from the nearest road into this piece of protected land.

S5000057.jpg

The plan from the tall spruce behind i have set a high anchor then ran back stays off the spruce so it wouldnt get up rooted. i set a second anchor over in this cove tommorow ill run the 3/8" stainless cable for the highline tommorow from my boat.

S5000064.jpg

The plan is to highline all the limbs over into the cove and a few big pieces, the remaining large pieces are going to be lowered down onto a lobster boat and hauled away.

TDamon86

this goes out to all you guys in the midwest you can keep your cranes you califonians can keep your palms the PNW guys can keep there big timber, you mass. guys can keep your ####ty drivers and beantown(just let me watch the sox on nesn), you conneticut guys can keep whatever it is you have (i didnt even know conneticut had trees!!), canadians your no big deal we have moose, snow, and funny accents here too, and bermie and all you other southerners you can keep your warm winters and sandy beaches, Ill take the view from my office any day : P
S5000059.jpg

And the money shot from my saddle on the first ascension

S5000065.jpg

S5000058.jpg

Tom

So if it's on protected land in the middle on nowhere then who cares? Who's paying you to remove it and how much? Oh yeah you forgot us here in Ontario! looks like a simple job to me.......show us some real worrk now! lol! Good luck with it! Make sure you show us the rest as well as your shrimp boat, oh I mean your lobster boat! I think I know who you are now......are you on the dealiest catch on the off season?:cheers:

It is on protected land in the middle of no where but the owner would be liable if any kids got hurt from the rope swing you can see hanging in it and he could potentially get fined if it fell in the water, the whole lot which is 43 acres is protected but he is required to have a management plan which includes the immediate removal of any dead trees by any means necessary, when you have more money then the US Treasury it doesnt really matter what it costs, just to give you some sort of indication as to the cost of the job the guy paid 4 million for the lot 9 years ago. as for the cost of the job it was a fair price that was agreed upon for the removal of 27 trees in various areas on his land. Ill let you guys ponder the cost of that tree cause ill never tell : P

hopefully i can get some more pics for this afternoon of a few other removals im doing on the property I am going to hang the highline this afternoon but the take down isnt going down till saturday

$6,000 for dropping a piece in the water and not taking it back out? Wonder what BP will get fined for releasing who knows HOW many thousand gallons of crude oil into the gulf per day for who knows HOW long? I wonder if it will ever reach New England? I know the currents run that way, but hopefully the wind will keep it off shore.

Don't forget to run vegetable oil instead of dino oil for your bar lube...wouldn't want any dino oil getting in the ocean now would we?

Do you need to catch the chips from the saw?

i run an enviromentall freindly lube anyway the granolas pay me more if i do and BP will probabley get away scott free as far as fines go just remember the expected clean up cost 1 billion dollars and there footing the bill...

Back