ABC Professional Tree Service

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if it affects your electricity why don't you rat them out to your congressmen or whatever...whinging about it around here wont do anything...btw what's with the attitude dude?

Man I don't even want to get started with you. Got to go to bed anyway.

that's line clearance work for yadont change much from company to company

Whatever, tell us about removing overhang above a three phase, energized that is? Tell us about the many utility companies you have worked for.

This takes the cake, usually its people who don't have the balls to do utility work crying that utility guys are hacks, now the muppets are saying all utility guys are lazy.

Nice you can use that power to type your b.s. guys, thank the guys like me who keep the trees off the line so y'all can do that. Sheesh.:jawdrop:

By George you are right. Their website is www.abctree.com. It is a 100% Mexican deal. No gringos getting in on that deal.

Yeah don't know how they have got around laws of our country, time for grass roots revolt imho. What really ticks you off is how fast they take over the industry that should be reserved for American business is it time for ?

They've been around here for a long time. I always thought they were a small local co. because they had old ass trucks and old ass chippers. The last 3-4 years they've moved up to brand new best of the best eqpt.

They've been around here for a long time. I always thought they were a small local co. because they had old ass trucks and old ass chippers. The last 3-4 years they've moved up to brand new best of the best eqpt.

It is because the power company wants cheap labor. This will turn us the rest of the way into a third world nation imo.

I'm not knocking line guys I've met some damn good climbers and generally good guys that do line work However, I looked into line work for my company, good luck with that. Basically, after 2 weeks trying to get into touch with the people that deal with the contracts I finally get a hold of one guy that "manages" the contracts for my local remc and he told me they are only looking for companies owned by disabled vets or minorities. Why? Because they won't get turned down for any contracts. I said "Wait, You're telling me that company A and company B have all the same certs, equip. etc. Company A is owned by me and puts 25K on a job and company B bids 50K they will get the contract just because they are owned by a minority or disabled vet ?" His reply, like I was an idiot was "well yeah" It's easy to sit in the truck and read the paper and work half as much as everyone else when you have double the money on the job.

Whatever, tell us about removing overhang above a three phase, energized that is? Tell us about the many utility companies you have worked for.

This takes the cake, usually its people who don't have the balls to do utility work crying that utility guys are hacks, now the muppets are saying all utility guys are lazy.

Nice you can use that power to type your b.s. guys, thank the guys like me who keep the trees off the line so y'all can do that. Sheesh.:jawdrop:

Most good line clearance guys are not lazy but many get screwed around by management that they become rebels to the system. I have been both and have removed miles of overhang, vines and dealt with all kinds of people so I know where you are coming from.
It is the good guy that get the worst end of the stick in my experience. Nepotism is the root cause of it too!

Here, here, those line guys are just a bunch of lazy, worthless, good for nothing, no good bums. :spam:

Down with the ABCs of the world, up with the real utility treemen! :givebeer:

Hey Mckee, get a truck number and call the power company. The power company wants cheap labor, but nothing sets them off like finding out they aren't getting anything for it.

Why would you want to rat out some guys makin a living. How would you like it if someone snitched on you for taking a break? :mad:

Nobody wants to rat out some guys for makin a living.

Dorkin around all day ain't making a living, it's theft.

I've been snitched out for takin a break. I've had them call in and say I was sitting for an hour when it was ten minutes. I've had them say I sat in the neighbor's yard for 30 min, when I was going through saws. You name it, but when the system forester shows up undercover to observe, he finds us getting it done as expected.

He feels funny about it some, but I said not to worry, do it anytime and if you see something you don't like, tell me.

Power costs to keep it reliable. I know what goes into it and I cut that check every month with no remorse. People think it ought to come to their door for peanuts, so now they'll take a pot shot any and every chance they get. Have at it! It's merely reflective of their personal failure usually.

Jealous people do stuff like that. I doubt the rates go up cause some tree cutters are dorking off. But somebody sees that and gets jealous because they cant do it. What is the wages those guys are making. I keep hearing cheap. If you were making 8.75 would you bust your hump. I dont think so.:)

Jealous people do stuff like that. I doubt the rates go up cause some tree cutters are dorking off. But somebody sees that and gets jealous because they cant do it. What is the wages those guys are making. I keep hearing cheap. If you were making 8.75 would you bust your hump. I dont think so.:)

You doubt that do you? I will tell you what I don't doubt. I don't doubt that Rookie is a good name for you. And I figure in just about any category.

Jealous people do stuff like that. I doubt the rates go up cause some tree cutters are dorking off. But somebody sees that and gets jealous because they can’t do it. What is the wages those guys are making. I keep hearing cheap. If you were making 8.75 would you bust your hump. I don’t think so.:)

I bust my hump on principle. If I agree to do a job at a certain price, I do it. Then once I've shown what I can do, after a time, I'll ask for a raise. If I don't get one, I'll still work till I either get a raise or move on.

I can't stand dorkin off. Work hard, play hard, but don't get the two mixed up.

Of course, I love this work, so I'm at a sore disadvantage...to be sure.

Nevertheless, I can explain the situation a bit more.

If this crew is by the hour then the cost of maintenance is higher. Even if the power company is none the wiser, they will still pass this cost on to the consumer.

If they are on a firm bid, then the tree company suffers the theft. Yet if the work isn't getting done, then it still costs the consumers as the unfinished areas will continue to withstand outages that would otherwise be avoided. That costs money, and that cost will get passed on.

Either way, it is still theft, not making a living.

Last edited:
Now that Ive regained myself Il say this. There is an investigative reporter here on tv. The guy goes around and busts people for stuff like your talking about. The only thing that comes out of it is tv ratings and the ruining of peoples lives. When the excitement wears off its back to normal for whatever topic he covered, as in another truckload of cutters sitting in the lot after busting the first bunch. Things are the way they are. If there werent goofoffs around you couldnt brag about working hard and playing hard because we all would be doing it like that.:cheers:

I bust my hump on principle. If I agree to do a job at a certain price, I do it. Then once I've shown what I can do, after a time, I'll ask for a raise. If I don't get one, I'll still work till I either get a raise or move on.

I can't stand dorkin off. Work hard, play hard, but don't get the two mixed up.

Of course, I love this work, so I'm at a sore disadvantage...to be sure.

Nevertheless, I can explain the situation a bit more.

If this crew is by the hour then the cost of maintenance is higher. Even if the power company is none the wiser, they will still pass this cost on to the consumer.

If they are on a firm bid, then the tree company suffers the theft. Yet if the work isn't getting done, then it still costs the consumers as the unfinished areas will continue to withstand outages that would otherwise be avoided. That costs money, and that cost will get passed on.

Either way, it is still theft, not making a living.

Yeah I agree it takes more energy to dork off than to do the job at hand. There were times in my last 13 year assignment that I may have not been full steam though. It was usually around annual raise time when we got our 20 cent raise! Not so much to dork off but more to vent hostility over mismanagement issues. It was worse near the end and got to a point that I was ready to fight. The lazy would get better equipment and the newby's were treated better than the old timers. Cousin and nephews would get promotions and I could not hold back my tongue which led me to working for myself. I hate corporate enterprise for this very reason no relation should be allowed to work it leads only to nepotism issues imho. Its bad enough with the bb buddy syndrome and kiss azzes. I did more in the first hour than the nephew did all year and now that their help is gone they have no one to blame :laugh: Most of the good help has already left them so it would be interesting to know the day to day issues they face now but really I don't have time to keep enlightened. I do know the guy that took over my position got crushed by a tree in his first few months. He lived but it broke his pelvis and a few vertebrae they also totaled a brand new bucket. I had the same bucket old 89 f 800 for 11 years, I guess they are really making money with my replacement:hmm3grin2orange:

Now that Ive regained myself Il say this. There is an investigative reporter here on tv. The guy goes around and busts people for stuff like your talking about. The only thing that comes out of it is tv ratings and the ruining of peoples lives. When the excitement wears off its back to normal for whatever topic he covered, as in another truckload of cutters sitting in the lot after busting the first bunch. Things are the way they are. If there werent goofoffs around you couldnt brag about working hard and playing hard because we all would be doing it like that.:cheers:

Perhaps if you spent less time on the couch watching TV you wouldn't be so inclined to be a jagbag sympathizer.

Some of us aren't content with thieves, wherever they are found, especially when they bent on ruining the industry's image.

Some of us have principle and choose to do what is right, and even stand for what is right. Some of us choose to work for a living, and even go so far as to feel strongly that the country and perhaps even the world would be a better place if every able body did likewise.

You can call that bragging if it makes you feel better. I call it grit.

Your jagbags brag for the lack of it, as if to be something for getting over on someone, or the “system” as it were. They’d rather lie around and grovel about what it wrong and unfair, when they are the first drain. They are far too ignorant and arrogant to realize that their lack of personal accountability, dignity, and character is indeed the first and biggest problem of all. It is always “someone else’s fault” for their plight.

They too watch too much TV, and are indeed quite also content with things being the way they are.

You prolly don't have a clue what real work is. I tell ya what if you really want to know what a goof off looks like go to a golf course around 130 to 200 on a weekday and check out the CEO's milking the company dry! Or go into any cubical and check out the harlequin romance novels on their desks. Or hang out in the break room and tell me what you see! PS please take your camera if you got the balls, better retain an attorney too, as you will need one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back