ABC Professional Tree Service

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I agree it takes more energy to dork off than to do the job at hand. There were times in my last 13 year assignment that I may have not been full steam though. It was usually around annual raise time when we got our 20 cent raise! Not so much to dork off but more to vent hostility over mismanagement issues. It was worse near the end and got to a point that I was ready to fight. The lazy would get better equipment and the newby's were treated better than the old timers. Cousin and nephews would get promotions and I could not hold back my tongue which led me to working for myself. I hate corporate enterprise for this very reason no relation should be allowed to work it leads only to nepotism issues imho. Its bad enough with the bb buddy syndrome and kiss azzes. I did more in the first hour than the nephew did all year and now that their help is gone they have no one to blame :laugh: Most of the good help has already left them so it would be interesting to know the day to day issues they face now but really I don't have time to keep enlightened. I do know the guy that took over my position got crushed by a tree in his first few months. He lived but it broke his pelvis and a few vertebrae they also totaled a brand new bucket. I had the same bucket old 89 f 800 for 11 years, I guess they are really making money with my replacement:hmm3grin2orange:

I hear exactly what you're saying. Which is why my name is on the door, at least during the weekends. It's a small door now, but with the right attention the doors will get bigger, and the lines will get clearer. ;)

I hear exactly what you're saying. Which is why my name is on the door, at least during the weekends. It's a small door now, but with the right attention the doors will get bigger, and the lines will get clearer. ;)

Hey Termie I started my company like you are just remember if where you work weekdays is good to you I would stay. There is a lot that misses the eye on the other side of the fence, overhead,overhead,overhead and the the low-ballers :cry: I stayed at my job too long though but really the choice did not become reality until my last years. I would still be there today if it were run close to right and doing my weekend gig too.

Yeah I agree it takes more energy to dork off than to do the job at hand. There were times in my last 13 year assignment that I may have not been full steam though. It was usually around annual raise time when we got our 20 cent raise! Not so much to dork off but more to vent hostility over mismanagement issues. It was worse near the end and got to a point that I was ready to fight. The lazy would get better equipment and the newby's were treated better than the old timers. Cousin and nephews would get promotions and I could not hold back my tongue which led me to working for myself. I hate corporate enterprise for this very reason no relation should be allowed to work it leads only to nepotism issues imho. Its bad enough with the bb buddy syndrome and kiss azzes. I did more in the first hour than the nephew did all year and now that their help is gone they have no one to blame :laugh: Most of the good help has already left them so it would be interesting to know the day to day issues they face now but really I don't have time to keep enlightened. I do know the guy that took over my position got crushed by a tree in his first few months. He lived but it broke his pelvis and a few vertebrae they also totaled a brand new bucket. I had the same bucket old 89 f 800 for 11 years, I guess they are really making money with my replacement:hmm3grin2orange:

Perhaps if you spent less time on the couch watching TV you wouldn't be so inclined to be a jagbag sympathizer.

Some of us aren't content with thieves, wherever they are found, especially when they bent on ruining the industry's image.

Some of us have principle and choose to do what is right, and even stand for what is right. Some of us choose to work for a living, and even go so far as to feel strongly that the country and perhaps even the world would be a better place if every able body did likewise.

You can call that bragging if it makes you feel better. I call it grit.

I never said I was lazy or didnt like to work or work hard. Ive tried fighting against wrong and all I got was tired. Ive missed raises and new equipment to others who I felt were not as good as I. I feel that if I do my job to the best of my ability I will be rewarded from it somehow someway. Usually selfsatisfaction. This is for Rope.
You seem to be a big braggart or blowgeorge as a coworker says. From what Ive seen over the years people that talk about being such hard workers and better than others usually arent. Step in their shoes and see what their doing and why. Are they in the lot evry day for 5 hours. Is there more to the story than you know? Were they told to wait for further orders and never got them. How can you ##### about them when your not even in the same state as them. I cant believe youve gone this far with this discussion anyway. Proves you have issues.This is for Bigus:dizzy:

Last edited:
From there site....

KEYS TO OUR SUCCESS
- Requiering all employees to work safe with no exceptions don't get much safer then in the store......
- Treating our customers and employees with respect
- Aggressively working to improve work processes for field and office employees
- Continually searching for ways to reduce operating costs to remain competitive
- Wanting to be the best in our industry and the first choice for our customers
- Inspiring our employees to be the best they can be and giving them more than just a paycheck yea like a greencard.....

answers are all right there mc. :buttkick:

Ha! you're right. It doesn't get much safer than the store and that is where those jokers are about half the time. Or sitting in the truck.

I never said I was lazy or didnt like to work or work hard. Ive tried fighting against wrong and all I got was tired. Ive missed raises and new equipment to others who I felt were not as good as I. I feel that if I do my job to the best of my ability I will be rewarded from it somehow someway. Usually selfsatisfaction. This is for Rope.
You seem to be a big braggart or blowgeorge as a coworker says. From what Ive seen over the years people that talk about being such hard workers and better than others usually arent. Step in their shoes and see what their doing and why. Are they in the lot evry day for 5 hours. Is there more to the story than you know? Were they told to wait for further orders and never got them. How can you ##### about them when your not even in the same state as them. I cant believe youve gone this far with this discussion anyway. Proves you have issues.This is for Bigus:dizzy:

I understand the self satisfaction well, how long have you been where your employed? I will without pause tell you I have never seen a worse company than my last as far as management goes. The early big o nazi's were better to the men. I have stories that would amaze a big city judge of the misdoings going on at this fortune 500 company. I was asked to work around a crew that I had already told my superior trouble would occur and I said, no; loud in the shop. He says lets go into my office, I said lets go, loud again, when we get there, he starts saying I have been slacking and he needs to put me on a crew and I said bs, two of the GFs told him I did great work, when he said I would have to go onto another crew, I got pissed stood up and walked out. I then went to the vice presidents office told him what occurred and that the nephew appointee tried to make me work with a guy that was caught spraying human feces mixed up in a sprayer on people and carry's a gun and this is why I am in here because, I have been here a long time and your boy is screwing up. I told him it was a matter of the boy getting his pride hurt from me standing up and that if I went by his direction an ambulance would be called out soon for the gun carrying #### sprayer. I doubt your company is anything like the one I left. Btw when I got home my yearly evaluation was signed by this same guy two hours earlier with great and good on all the performance credentials I checked this out with an attorney which told me since we are "at will"state the best I could do is embarrass them and that would just make it harder on the ones left behind, so I with drew and went on.

Last edited:
companies riding around all day don't effect the price of electricity too much , its the non-paying customers that :censored: it up for everyone, I think your frustration is aimed poorly at this company, who from there list of clients have done something right , whether there mexican or not there equipment appears to be new and clean there men are all wearing correct safety and ppe equipment so who cares if they take long breaks, if there piece workers it's there dime not yours...there here in new jersey as well they are only running mowers here but again the machines are all new ..

Last edited:
companies riding around all day don't effect the price of electricity too much , its the non-paying customers that :censored: it up for everyone, I think your frustration is aimed poorly at this company, who from there list of clients have done something right , whether there mexican or not there equipment appears to be new and clean there men are all wearing correct safety and ppe equipment so who cares if they take long breaks, if there piece workers it's there dime not yours...

It is illegals inc. is what gets my blood boiling not that some are riding the clock I might too at .50 cent per hour:laugh:

It is illegals inc. is what gets my blood boiling not that some are riding the clock I would too at .50 cent per hour:laugh:
How are they illegal when most row work requires all members of a crew to be covered by workers comp. which in turn requires some sort of correct ID and if somethings being doctored well then thats on the state level or the government because two of there clients are gov. owned companies..If there Mexican nationals then there here on work visa's not illegal at all..

How are they illegal when most row work requires all members of a crew to be covered by workers comp. which in turn requires some sort of correct ID and if somethings being doctored well then thats on the state level or the government because two of there clients are gov. owned companies..If there Mexican nationals then there here on work visa's not illegal at all..

So what would happen if we had a 100%white boy owned and run company? I smell something very bad in all this it stinks of treason imo. By the way I have learned how to tell them big money in NJ so there should be a few million headed your way:cheers:PS our government the new coyote!

Last edited:
So what would happen if we had a 100%white boy owned and run company? I smell something very bad in all this it stinks of treason imo. By the way I have learned how to tell them big money in NJ so there should be a few million headed your way:cheers:

Really a few million you say ,and a white owned company I think you just made my day...

Really a few million you say ,and a white owned company I think you just made my day...

I said what would happen if a 100% white not just owned! ABC is 100% Mexican and I bet there is shady politics behind the visa and with our present state of the nation do you think our decision makers are adequately serving our nations interest in this path of self destruction?

Last edited:
I said what would happen if a 100% white not just owned! ABC is 100% Mexican and I bet there is shady politics behind the visa and with our present state of the nation do you think our decision makers are adequately serving our nations interest in this path of self destruction?
no it's time to protect our workers and if they do any time of municipal or fed work then they have to be a equal oppurtunity comp. the problem is do you want to be the only white boy in that group, I don't and thats why they are all mexicans..

no it's time to protect our workers and if they do any time of municipal or fed work then they have to be a equal oppurtunity comp. the problem is do you want to be the only white boy in that group, I don't and thats why they are all mexicans..

Well you make a point but lets see, I would take VP, so maybe affirmative action can get me a nice seat in the board room ehhhhhhhhh:monkey:

Last edited:
Well you make a point but lets see I would take vp so maybe affirmative action can get me a nice seat in the board room ehhhhhhhhh:monkey:
there owned by Asplundh somehow they pull around there chippers and are led by asplundh foreman so maybe they opened a minority comp. to bid on more work that's a double whammy mexican and female..

there owned by Asplundh somehow they pull around there chippers and are led by asplundh foreman so maybe they opened a minority comp. to bid on more work that's a double whammy mexican and female..

So is the board room leather seats? I need a large one with the ball bearing rollers and reclining backrest pard.

Yea take a number that list is Lonnnnnnnnggggggggggg my friend were all waitng for that ship to make port..

Who's waiting I dont have as much time to wait as you, been doing it since you were eight.
So stay out my chair ya here me! So who needs some persuasion hmmm:monkey:

Last edited:

That was my laugh of the day. Thanks. But really, what planet are you from?

Latest posts

Back