About ready to get rid of the Dolmar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FXDL

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I bought my 6400 4 months ago from a local dealer and ever since i bought the saw the staff just treats me like crap! they're real nice when i had big bucks for my saw but not that i need chains or oil or whatever. i'm apparently inconviencing them. i met a real cool that just opened a stihl dealer here. thinking about selling the dolmar and goin with a 460, screw it. tired of being treated like crap by the only dolmar dealer in my state:censored:

that's a shame, but how do you know the stihl dealer won't do the same thing? are you having problems with the saw? i buy my chains and mix oil from my stihl dealer. my bar oil comes from walmart. in the event i need a dolmar part, i contact one of the sponsors on AS.

I bought my 6400 4 months ago from a local dealer and ever since i bought the saw the staff just treats me like crap! they're real nice when i had big bucks for my saw but not that i need chains or oil or whatever. i'm apparently inconviencing them. i met a real cool that just opened a stihl dealer here. thinking about selling the dolmar and goin with a 460, screw it. tired of being treated like crap by the only dolmar dealer in my state:censored:

I would tell that to him first and then see if they stop being jackasses and treat you like a paying customer. If not then move on. some people need their cage rattled every now and then

Second what Brad said, in the little town I do business in there is a long time Stihl dealer and a new Husky/Stihl dealer. The old guy is like gold, the new dealer I wouldn't give the time of day too, even though I bought my 346 there, I knew I damn sure wouldn't be going back that very day.
I'd sell the dolly and go buy me the 460, it's priceless to have great dealer support. If half of what you read on here is true Dolmar need to get the dealer/factory support angle figured out. It's sad they make some great saws at a value, but they can't get the marketing/dealer/support thing figured out.
Just went into a True Value Hardware, at Cassville, Mo. they are a Husky and Dolmar dealer, didn't know it when I went in, ask them how many Dolamars they have sold, the guy replies one in three years. They only had a couple on the self, he said no one knows what they are and afraid to try them. They have got to get busy marketing, anywhere but on AS the brand is not readily recognized, I see the Makita name doing more for them than anything.

Is the good ol' boys and K&# not playing nice in the sand box? LOL Well Ive been complaining about the local saw shops here in ABQ for quite awhile. That new stihl dealer seems the be a good guy and use to work a husky dealer. He was trying to buy out aragons on indian school road before starting his own dealership.

If I could deal with stihl's moronic attitude toward not allowing the sales of parts online and saws over the phone. I would buy from him. The guy seems to want to please his customer. Not alienate people that want to give him money like most of the saw shops in the greater ABQ area.

Baileys is now selling husky saws over the phone. I buy my husky saws from alamia in colorado ( http://www.alamia.us/Husqvarna_Chainsaw_s/59.htm ). They are great to deal with and free shipping and no sales tax. Baileys is also selling husky saws over the phone. I purchase all my saw parts from baileys and partstree.com. Only thing I buy local is bar and chain oil. But I buy in bulk from napa when it goes on sale(5.99 per gal) every year. I've got 20 gals of B&C oil, so I am good for awhile.

When I buy chains or other parts from baileys, I buy in one large order to save on shipping. Plus I use usps to cut down on the shipping charges vs. ups or fedex.

I am getting to the point where I am going to roll my on chains to further save money. If you look at the cost per link for pre made chains vs. making your own. You'll see a nice savings!

All dealers treat me like crap so I give it back to them both barrels. You are the customer and if they want to earn your money and repeat business they had better damb well prove it to your satisfaction. Push them till they squeak.
You might want to reconsider trading the dolmar for the stihl. At least you can get dolmar parts online. Stihl dealers kind of have you by the balls when it comes to parts. If you are not the “do it yourself” type than stihl might be more in line with your corporate philosophy. What is so needing about your Dolmar that has you jumping overboard??

Have a talk with the owner before you jump ship.
We have a local Stihl/Husky dealer who almost went under because of the way his Mechanic treated everyone.
He didn't have a clue till he was told and then started asking other customers.
New mechanic and he's doing a lot better.

Second what Brad said, in the little town I do business in there is a long time Stihl dealer and a new Husky/Stihl dealer. The old guy is like gold, the new dealer I wouldn't give the time of day too, even though I bought my 346 there, I knew I damn sure wouldn't be going back that very day.
I'd sell the dolly and go buy me the 460, it's priceless to have great dealer support. If half of what you read on here is true Dolmar need to get the dealer/factory support angle figured out. It's sad they make some great saws at a value, but they can't get the marketing/dealer/support thing figured out.
Just went into a True Value Hardware, at Cassville, Mo. they are a Husky and Dolmar dealer, didn't know it when I went in, ask them how many Dolamars they have sold, the guy replies one in three years. They only had a couple on the self, he said no one knows what they are and afraid to try them. They have got to get busy marketing, anywhere but on AS the brand is not readily recognized, I see the Makita name doing more for them than anything.

I'm pretty familiar with Cassville and I bet it is hard to sell a saw that not a Stihl or Husky. Looks like a good dealer for Stihl and Husky in Monett at Race Bros. though.

Is the good ol' boys and K&# not playing nice in the sand box? LOL Well Ive been complaining about the local saw shops here in ABQ for quite awhile. That new stihl dealer seems the be a good guy and use to work a husky dealer. He was trying to buy out aragons on indian school road before starting his own dealership.

If I could deal with stihl's moronic attitude toward not allowing the sales of parts online and saws over the phone. I would buy from him. The guy seems to want to please his customer. Not alienate people that want to give him money like most of the saw shops in the greater ABQ area.

Baileys is now selling husky saws over the phone. I buy my husky saws from alamia in colorado ( http://www.alamia.us/Husqvarna_Chainsaw_s/59.htm ). They are great to deal with and free shipping and no sales tax. Baileys is also selling husky saws over the phone. I purchase all my saw parts from baileys and partstree.com. Only thing I buy local is bar and chain oil. But I buy in bulk from napa when it goes on sale(5.99 per gal) every year. I've got 20 gals of B&C oil, so I am good for awhile.

When I buy chains or other parts from baileys, I buy in one large order to save on shipping. Plus I use usps to cut down on the shipping charges vs. ups or fedex.

I am getting to the point where I am going to roll my on chains to further save money. If you look at the cost per link for pre made chains vs. making your own. You'll see a nice savings!

Yeah i swear between them and aragons i am dumbfounded how they still continue business. that new stihl seems real cool. has a good outlook on how to conduct business

yeah i think i'm venting more than anything else. i'll probably keep the dolmar, but when the selling dealer puts a bad taste in your mouth it kinda gives you a bad outlook at the product they sell as well. if it weren't for reading on this site all the good things about the 6400 i would have probably unloaded it along time ago. i don't really need dealer support i'm a do-it-yourselfer. but i try to get a few things locally, but apparently "bothering" them for a chain or a gallon of non-ethanol fuel is too much to ask

I cast my vote with a few others here. Go into the dealer and ask them what the hell the problem is. Then if they continue the crap, dump the saw and buy Stihl if you need the dealer support. You are the customer and should be treated like one no matter if you are buying a $.20 part or a saw. Give 'em the benefit of the doubt and bring it to their attention, then the balls in their court......Straighten up or lose a customer!

My two cents, I could care less how any dealer treats me and I would n't sell a saw I liked becasue of that, as long as he has what I need, and if he doesn't then on to the next one, even if it means buying online, I'd perfer that anyhow, then I don't have to go anywhere and talk to anyone, just click away and wait for it:)

My two cents, I could care less how any dealer treats me and I would n't sell a saw I liked becasue of that, as long as he has what I need, and if he doesn't then on to the next one, even if it means buying online, I'd perfer that anyhow, then I don't have to go anywhere and talk to anyone, just click away and wait for it:)

I agree. dont sell the saw because he is an :censored: unless you want a different saw anyway.

saw

if you do sell the dolmar let me know im in the market for a 6400 thanks

alamia purchases

My experience with alamia was not good . They take your money, but when the product is not good, say take it to a dealer. My Husky vac clogs on big leaves because the designers narrowed the tube just before the grinder. Have to stop and clean it all the time. I'm going to make a different tube I guess. Even if there was a dealer near here, it wouldn't do any good.

Has anyone noticed? The dealerships with attitudes don't know near what Dealers who treat you right do.
A good dealer will share his knowledge about what he is selling.
I buy from Stihl Ohio and the Sponsors on this site. Period. I've been treated poorly here by more than one dealer. My $ goes out of state.
Dolmar is a good saw. So is Stihl and Husky. But a good Dealer is makes any brand Golden in my opinion.
Stick with the members here, their knowledge is way ahead of the typical dealer anyway.
:cheers:

Don't forget to share with Dolmar, Alpharetta, GA and Dolmar GMH, Germany your experience.
It may make a difference to the next good customer through their doors. Internet makes it easy.

i have dealers like that in my town, they get all pissy when you want them to look up something small. if your not looking at the big ticket item, you can really get the feeling your wasting there time.now i only bring them my waste oil. i would stroll into the stihl dealer when there not busy, look around and buy something small. shoot the breeze with them. maybe find a bunch of great guys.

Back