Acceptable compression ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really. That's only a factor of there isn't a Schrader valve at the tip. A long hose only means you have to pull more times.
Yes but it is still a larger volume for a fixed piston size to fill, a reading at the spark plug hole versus down the 12” line should be different
If the valve was at the spark plug hole and not at the test gauge at the end of the hose that would be true

I have a shorter hose Husqvarna and a longer hose Husqvarna gauge. I guess the reading would be higher but the hose takes some compression away. I wonder if the gauge reading is factored in with the hose length?

Yes but it is still a larger volume for a fixed piston size to fill, a reading at the spark plug hole versus down the 12” line should be different
If the valve was at the spark plug hole and not at the test gauge at the end of the hose that would be true
Nope, what Brad said. You will have to pull it over more times to hit it's maximum pressure in cylinder and equalized in hose. Longer hose more pulls to make equal pressure.

Thanks guys, much appreciated!
I’m going to warm up the saw and recheck compression for giggles. my gauge has a schrader valve at the end and the hose doesn’t expand during testing so the only possible concern is how accurate the guage itself is.

Warmed her up and checked compression.
Gained a couple psi....136

Attachments

• 2D0D3B39-9673-4EF8-9C1B-3E08CF680829.jpeg
    2D0D3B39-9673-4EF8-9C1B-3E08CF680829.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Back