Accident?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bradley

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I don't know all of the particulars at this time but I heard that last Friday a climber somewhere in Atlanta came down with a tree. When I say came down with a tree, I understand that he was in the tree and a guy on the ground felled the tree while he was in it. How could this happen? Surely the ground guy knew he was in the tree and surely the climber could see that the tree he was in was being cut. Why was the tree being climbed if it was going to be felled anyway. I hope there are criminal charges filed on this incident. If anyone has heard more of this I'd like to hear about it. Steve.

Sounds like a messed up situation, but I would sure hope you would want an investigation of the facts before filing criminal charges. I wouldn't want to have an accident in your town sherriff.:D

I e-mailed an Atlanta new editor about it. Hopefully he can shed some light on this topic.

I can remember climbing a hazardous oak to retrieve a tangled dog toy when an inebriated friend of mine came up to the base of the tree with a large Husky and joked about cutting it down. If he had been sober, I wouldn't have been concerned, but alcohol can change many people in strange, startling ways.

He is currently the reigning chainsaw champ for his age group, but that didn't make me feel any better that day. Besides, the tree was having a hard enough time standing on its own.

Nickrosis

How can you tell what it looks like? All you can see in the pictures is the cleanup crew.

Nickrosis

"Eyewitnesses from the company claimed they observed him rocking a tree back and forth and somehow the root system gave out and it collapsed."

Somehow the root sytem gave out? DUHH!

Backhoe, trackhoe, excavator, but definitely not a crane.

60 firefighters? Must have been a really slow day.

OJT! maybe the are all vollenteer and needed the pay. Cant blame them if it were so.

Erks the $hit outta me seeing these people in there palacial ediffeces unwilling to staff a full time FD. Then they have the unmittigated gall to complain about responce times if something goes wrong:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back