Added another cutter to the operation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFerg65

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
After several years of having my wife help out with the hauling and splitting of our yearly wood supply (about 18 -20 cords between us and my mother-in-law), she was finally checked out with the chainsaw over the weekend. She is like a kid in a candy store. She did a great job!

So this week she gets her own saw. Just ordered her a pair of Labonville's so she will be set with her PPE and her new saw hopefully by the weekend.

I'm looking forward to having the other saw in the woods.

Well I came home with her new saw today. I opted for the MS250. I looked at the whole line and I new I did not want one of those with all the new technology in them. EEZZEE this and EEZZEE that, intelicarb and what not. To get into something with a good old fashion compression release I was into a saw that was just going to be too big for her. This seemed to be a good overall compromise. It has a 16 inch bar with good old fashion chain adjustment. This will be a good one for her to start with. If she moves up she can have the 036 and then I get the 460.

Well I came home with her new saw today. I opted for the MS250. I looked at the whole line and I new I did not want one of those with all the new technology in them. EEZZEE this and EEZZEE that, intelicarb and what not. To get into something with a good old fashion compression release I was into a saw that was just going to be too big for her. This seemed to be a good overall compromise. It has a 16 inch bar with good old fashion chain adjustment. This will be a good one for her to start with. If she moves up she can have the 036 and then I get the 460.

Smart Move.. Get her something that she can handle and enjoy using. Nothing is more enjoyable than working as a team and not walking around with a sore back the next day. When it comes to saws, big is not always better. My wife enjoys spending time with me in the woods. Her idea of a fun weekend is bringing home a nice load of oak and making another trail so we can get deeper in to the woods. If I got her a chainsaw, she'd be out there all the time.

She calls it bonding but I know better because she also counts the dead trees along the road when we go someplace..

Sounds like you are a lucky guy and she is a keeper..

Smart Move.. Get her something that she can handle and enjoy using. Nothing is more enjoyable than working as a team and not walking around with a sore back the next day. When it comes to saws, big is not always better. My wife enjoys spending time with me in the woods. Her idea of a fun weekend is bringing home a nice load of oak and making another trail so we can get deeper in to the woods. If I got her a chainsaw, she'd be out there all the time.

She calls it bonding but I know better because she also counts the dead trees along the road when we go someplace..

Sounds like you are a lucky guy and she is a keeper..

The Mrs won't touch a saw, but she has become a regular participant in wood delivery and stacking operations. :cheers:

Back