Adding a thermodisc to the blower?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cre10

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've got a Harman TL300 stove.

TL 300 Wood Stove

The blower on it is not activated with a thermodisc. I don't really like it running 24-7. Has anyone added a thermodisc the the blower on their stoves? What did you use and where did you get it?

I would like it to kick on and off with heat, but don't want to overheat my stove.

Adding thermo disc

I had a wood stove that blowers ran 24/7. Found a magnetic with temp disc added to it with power cord. You unplug your blowers the plug in then temp disc then plug in the blowers power cord in the backside of the temp disc power cord. worked great! I think I bought it at the Hotblast furnace web site under parts.Around 65 or 75 dollars.

I had a wood stove that blowers ran 24/7. Found a magnetic with temp disc added to it with power cord. You unplug your blowers the plug in then temp disc then plug in the blowers power cord in the backside of the temp disc power cord. worked great! I think I bought it at the Hotblast furnace web site under parts.Around 65 or 75 dollars.
Good to know those work. I might ask my manufacturer. I'm sure they will say not to use one though. It just seems like a waste to have that blower going towards morning or afternoon when my fire has died down, but I want to make sure I don't over fire the stove too.

You got a snow day today? :rock:

FYI, you can buy a WHOLE BAG of 'em off of ebay for that price! Lots of choices too (temp range, close on rise, close on fall, etc)

They work great. We sell them for our wood stoves.

If you are going to install one yourself just play with the location of the thermodisc since they have a kick-in point of about 120f. Not sure if other have different KIP.

If it starts too early and wont shut down just add a couple of washers as spacers to increase or decrease when it kicks in.

They work great. We sell them for our wood stoves.

If you are going to install one yourself just play with the location of the thermodisc since they have a kick-in point of about 120f. Not sure if other have different KIP.

If it starts too early and wont shut down just add a couple of washers as spacers to increase or decrease when it kicks in.
Do you have any you recommend? I don't know if I should go with one I have to wire like my Hotblast uses, or one with a plugin and magnet since my blower already has a plug on it.

Latest posts

Back