Adding to the wood pile

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alderman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Still some work to do but it's starting to add up. Fir, Alder, and Hemlock mixed piles.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

looks as though there is another one that need to come down in the background of the first picture. Cant tell if it is threatening your shed or not though.

Are you selling firewood ????? It would take me five years to burn all that wood, and I'd have to burn during the summer months too.

It gets to be like a squirrel stashing nuts doesn't it, you never seem to get enough. Every time I bring in a few armloads I think "I'm gonna have to split some more, I just got this piled up!" You have a nice hedge against the cold stacked up there.

Tinman.gif

That's quite a supply!!

That wood looks awesome...I like the surrounding area too! Beautiful country and neighbors don't appear to be to close either. Great job!:rock:

youre burning hemlock in a owb or inside stove?i have a whole crapload of it here,some pieces over 25" diameter,but green still. do you burn it seasoned?

Sell some, keep some

hard to believe, but every bit of it cut with Shindaiwa saws. My own personal use is for a wood stove but I'll probably end up selling most of this. I don't burn anything until it's well seasoned and the Hemlock works good in the wood stove.

The tree behind the shed is leaning but kind of misleading as it's not a threat to anything.

Actually own the home in the picture as well as my own place with 6 acres to do as I want. Nice place next door but the mobile home on it is old and needs to be replaced at some point. Surrounded by 55 acres owned by our family so there's always something that needs to be cut.

Pretty stacks, but not a good idea for most of us to stack single rows...way too unstable.Heck, in Kansas the wind would blow it over.Any one with kids within a mile will find out just how fun it is to climb those piles.Wood moves as it shrinks,as does the ground, so no matter how carefuly you stack it, it will shift.I know it is tempting from a drying/measuring viewpoint, but don't do it.
Sign me "been there,done that"

Latest posts

Back