Adios, Dr. Todd

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig21901

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Some sad news to report (along with a cool picture).

My good friend, neighbor, and lumberjackin' mentor just moved 1000 miles south. He referred to himself as the "Senior Lumberjack" and delegated "Junior Lumberjack" status to me. While he did teach me just about everything I know about handling a chainsaw and my skills gradually (in my opinion) may have started to surpass his, he never relinquised the "Senior Lumberjack" moniker despite my repeated attempts to earn it. Without even realizing he was doing it, he mentored me in both life and lumberjackin', and will definately be missed in these parts of the woods.

The photo below typifies his coolness. That's just one of 2 eighty foot elms he dropped that day without even breaking a sweat or even getting a bit of debris on his sweatshirt. Of course he left it to me, the "Junior Lumberjack," to do all the cleanup (limbing, bucking and removal.) I did get to keep the wood, not to mention have the pleasure of splitting all that elm! Chalk it up to another life lesson for the "Junior Lumberjack."

Just thought this would be a nice thread for us to show some appreciation to those who served as a mentor in one way or another, and maybe even share a story or picture about how they helped us along the way.

attachment.php

Back