Advertising for work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still advertise in the Yellow Pages because people in our area still use them to find businesses. I have a web site also and it is a good deal for the price. I tried mail-out brochures one spring but they were a bit expensive.

I use the internet and Valpak, ValPak is pricey, but it works. Targeted hoods, so no money is spent on neighborhoods that don't have 3 car garages!

Not true, I worked from San Dimas to East lake, from National city to Black Wolf, out on the 8. Nothing wrong with that market Ed.
Phone books are, IMO, a waste, they cost more than they bring in, to many adds, all claiming this or that, phone book does not care if a hack has ISA badges all over the add.

And ISA doesnt seem to mind either! At least in my experince, which is limited for sure. I pointed out some improper use of the logo and the logos are still there. They also told me they would keep me up to speed on whats being done about it....they didnt.

And ISA doesnt seem to mind either! At least in my experince, which is limited for sure. I pointed out some improper use of the logo and the logos are still there. They also told me they would keep me up to speed on whats being done about it....they didnt.

How long ago? they've started taking people to court for using the logo and title.

How long ago? they've started taking people to court for using the logo and title.

About two years ago. The case that bothered me was a company who claimed they(the company) were "accredited" by the ISA. i couldnt even find that the company owner is even a member. And it is my understanding that ISA in no way backs or guarantees any company. They back people, not companies. I will PM you a link to a web site and you tell me? I dont wanna post the site on here for several reasons. Also worth noting, I can show a couple other places where this company claims ISA affliation. I have not, however, seen any cases of anyone claiming to be a CA which I think ISA takes much more serious (and prolly should).

Latest posts

Back