Advice on AM 066 Big bore kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tugmyroo

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello, all
Im just wondering if anyone had some experience on THIS AM Big bore kit from "MachinesDoctor". there is nothing wrong with my 066 jug and piston now,but im looking to increase my displacement. If i do order from them is there anything i need/should do with it. like sanding the ports down stuff like that?
Thanks

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 9
Ive never tried one but from what I've heard and read the big bore kits really don't offer any increase in performance over OEM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

don't replace a working OEM cylinder with a big bore kit regardless of seller or manufacturer
if you have a dead cylinder that is really dead a big bore may be better for your saw than a standard bore aftermarket cylinder of a new OEM cylinder is out of the budget
if you routinely use the saw with a long bar you will probably do better with a good big bore, if you use a shorter bar then standard bore will likely win
Dave

You would be much better off keeping your oem cylinder. The bb kits are a crap shoot. I actually found this site years ago with the same question your asking. Have your saw ported if you want the increased performance.

Latest posts

Back