Advice on Purchasing a New Chain Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you are cutting with that sawz-all and if it starts bucking back and forth at you then just remember to push it forward so that the guard (where the blade goes between) is held tight against what you are cutting. It will smooth out the cutting. I don't believe the guy in your video that thinks the additional sawing motion helps. Happy cutting and show us your project.

I had the P&C blades on my shopping list and the Dewalt saw, but when I saw the price of the P&C saw kit, compared to the Dewalt, and thinking if the blades are good the saw must be also, I decided to go with the P&C saw/set.

Going to open the box now. :dancing::happybanana::happy:. I feel so giddy! :p
Thanks, sincerely, for all the help.
Me too, just bought these and can't wait to try em. Giddy is good.lol

SANY2381.JPG

Porter Cable DOES have one little downside, when it gets brutally miserable hot out, like 100 F or worse, the tools may seize up until they get broken in a little. Then again, these are homeowner products, not something for a contractor working in a roof space that's 120-150 degrees. ;)

Beyond that though, when you've got 18-20v at 4AH, you got energy to burn, and it's not hard to make a reasonably powerful tool. For the homeowner brands though, a drop of 80-90 oil on the shaft, and down into the blade chuck doesn't hurt. Then a few drops on your sawzall blade and a wipedown will keep the blade from looking rusty and funky. Not that it matters that much, well used high carbon steel always gets rusty, and sawzalls tend to get scary filthy over time.

Like this thing.
Sawzall0574_large.jpg

Although, that one is pretty clean. Dip it in used motor oil, and roll it in the dirt a few times, that's more typical. :D

Porter Cable DOES have one little downside, when it gets brutally miserable hot out, like 100 F or worse, the tools may seize up until they get broken in a little. Then again, these are homeowner products, not something for a contractor working in a roof space that's 120-150 degrees. ;)
:D
That's okay, when it's brutally miserable hot out I may seize up too.:D

Latest posts

Back