Aftermarket Crankshafts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickyrooster

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone here used the aftemarket cranks in there saws. I have seen them in the baileys cat. and was wandering if they are any good. Do they hold up to many hours use? thanks Rick!

Has anyone here used the aftemarket cranks in there saws. I have seen them in the baileys cat. and was wandering if they are any good. Do they hold up to many hours use? thanks Rick!

I've never used an aftermarket crankshaft in a saw but I would'nt hesitate to do so. I've used aftermarket rod kits in my dirt bikes for years and they've held up just as good as the stockers and have never caused me a problem. Bailey's is a top notch business and they don't sell junk, I'll bet they'le last just as long as the stock cranks do, I'd buy one in a minute.

I haven't used them.

I find it interesting that they went to the effort to have them made - how many cranks get replaced in chainsaws? Uncommon... and many many used cranks or entire crank cases availble for most saws.

I did install some TS350 cranks in new cases for a guy... Those we Tecomec - and decent. They should be - they also made them for Stihl.

Lake,I think your right about not many being replaced as not many comments are being made about them. Ive got a 288 Husqvarna parts saw, the crank seems ok but Ive read that the big end bearing for the rod is the weak link on a 288. I have been debating to use it as is or trying a new after market one. I really like the 288 saw and figure I will most likely have $400.00 to$500.00 dollars in when it is done, but I will have a saw I like that looks and runs like a new one. I would rather do that as pay $300.00 to 350.00 for a good used one. Rick!

Latest posts

Back