Aftermarket Cylinder... good and bad... the Truth!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I understand it the "A" "B" "C" is different grades from the same manufacturer. I think the really nice kits (like the ones I got today) are "A" grade.

Randy W can explain further cause I'm real tired and feel a bit tarded tonight. :clap:

As I understand it the "A" "B" "C" is different grades from the same manufacturer. I think the really nice kits (like the ones I got today) are "A" grade.

I took it as Gregg referring to the actual players with his A, B, C reference...though there was really no conclusion to his original statement/sentence. Perhaps he would like to clarify?

The only thing I would like to see different is instead of having player A,B, and C. That way everybody can know who makes what for who. We're all big boys here, and it would level the playing field as to who the players actually are.

Of course A, B and C cylinders and pistons can have another meaning than quality levels as well, minor differenses in bore/size - but I doubt that is what the mention of it here is about.....:givebeer:

We dropped and blocked up 11 big trees today. I'm tired.....

"WE" is pretty open ended, you and the wife, you and the dog or you and your knitting club members ? .......................................................................................................................................................................................................................just joshin :laugh:

Did you get any rotten pine? That would make for good videos. :msp_wink:

Sorry, just maple, oak, and hickory. :(

No videos either. I forgot the camera.

I was gonna take the 088 and my 084 but the bar we modded didn't quite work out. I've got some more tweaking to do there....also Brian is sending some .404 chain that I'm wanting to try.

Did the aftermarket piston and cylinder actually make it through the 11 10" rotted pines without blowing up ?
That's the real question that needs answered.:laugh:

I put a couple more tanks through that saw. I also used that opportunity to put some fuel through a 394 I've been having trouble nailing down the issue on and to see how a 461 runs with over 200psi.

I'm really liking the square ground chain these days too. :)

"WE" is pretty open ended, you and the wife, you and the dog or you and your knitting club members ? .......................................................................................................................................................................................................................just joshin :laugh:

I like your style. :msp_thumbup:

Back