Aftermarket Cylinder... good and bad... the Truth!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somebody somewhere will try to discredit it and that's fine. The good thing about me, is that I keep excellent documentation and all of my experience is verifiable.

I had an early boss who said "If it ain't on paper, it didn't happen."

LOL...I always kept a good day-book too but it was mostly to keep the money straight and IRS off my back. Kinda fun to read back through them from time to time.."I did that??!!"

Thanks for the good info.

Somebody somewhere will try to discredit it and that's fine. The good thing about me, is that I keep excellent documentation and all of my experience is verifiable.

That's the craziest thing I've ever heard.......and all this time I thought you were one of the sane ones here.

This ain't on paper and it's real.......

Meteor cylinder and piston on a Stihl MS440 that's making 40% more power than stock. :msp_biggrin:

[video=youtube;klhkM9QDfkA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klhkM9QDfkA&list=UUg2yelCeKwB12xIohZfmf1g&index=5[/video]

No mention of how the saws did in the hardcut?

LMAO. I think that was just cinderblock macs.

The good thing about you is, nobody needs any documentation to believe you. You may be a pain by times, but its in a non FOS kind of way. :msp_wink:

LOL...I always kept a good day-book too but it was mostly to keep the money straight and IRS off my back. Kinda fun to read back through them from time to time.."I did that??!!"

Yeah, but here we go again... confusin' everyone with the facts.

Ok. I'll go now.:msp_wink:

:cheers:

When I was working for Huff & Puff's shop ten years ago, we had two guys come in looking for jobs. One guy was 51, claiming around 27 years of falling experience. The other guy was in his mid-40's claiming 18 years of small engine background and 10 years on the ground high-lead rigging experience.

We could only verify about 3 years of work history for the small engine/high lead guy and probably about 5 years of work history for the timber faller, none of which was timber cutting experience. They had no records, couldn't remember supervisor's names and numbers, couldn't even remember company names or dates of employment- didn't even have tax records for the years they were claiming.

That's the craziest thing I've ever heard.......and all this time I thought you were one of the sane ones here.

This ain't on paper and it's real.......

Meteor cylinder and piston on a Stihl MS440 that's making 40% more power than stock. :msp_biggrin:

I still think you made that out of Psilocybe Cyanescens, bat wings, and fairy dust.

I'm happy to see the efforts that are being made to improve the quality of these kits. Kudos to WatsonR for selling them with Caber rings, and the leg work he's currently doing. Caber rings are top notch, and will eliminate one of the major causes of failure in these kits. MCW is dead on that these kits need to be inspected before being shipped. Someone has to do the QC if the manufacture isn't. I love hearing from Gregg about possible quad-port cylinders!

I've caught a LOT of flack since raising the issues I did with these kits a few weeks ago. The way I went about it was less than stellar, but I still stand by my position 100%. There's a reason that 95% of the guys that build and sell saws demand OEM or similiar quality. Like WatsonR said, if no one complains, nothing's going to improve. I'm willing to be the bad guy. Someone's got to tell it like it is, or they just continue to be problematic. I would love to have AM options that are OEM quality, just as much as the rest of you guys.

On another note, showing how these topends can run and how they hold up after porting and squish band cutting, does nothing to validate any quality improvements in these kits. You're only re-using the basic casting and the bore plating. Bore plating has not been a major contributor to the failure of these kits. Bailey's addressed that long ago when they went to NiSi, instead of chrome. This thread is about replacement topend quality as they come from the factory, not about what they can be turned into by an experience engine builder/porter? I don't think anyone will deny what the likes of Mastermind and Jacob J can turn these into. But, that's not what's being advertised and sold in this thread. What the market needs is a kit than can be bolted on without concerns of fitment and quality, just like 99% of OEM parts can be.

WatsonR, Gregg, MCW...keep up the good work. It looks like we're moving in the right direction:cheers:

don't get me wrong here, i enjoy taking a poke at someone elses' post on occasion. but , do you to idiots ever give it a rest? this is getting a little bit rediculous. why can't you just agree to disagree on something, instead of bickering on like kids? it is cute for a while, but not for days on end. maybe if you would both get a life and a job, you could do something besides follow each other around here with quotes. grow the f**k up!!!

There's nothing to agree on. The guy came in to a thread about aftermarket p/c kits saying no one should buy them because he buys new, OEM p/c kits for the same price all the time. I gave him a list of 12 saws and asked him to find one available at his quoted price. He has danced all around it and hasn't found one yet.

If you'd like me to agree that he is full of :poop:, then yes, I agree.

don't get me wrong here, i enjoy taking a poke at someone elses' post on occasion. but , do you to idiots ever give it a rest? this is getting a little bit rediculous. why can't you just agree to disagree on something, instead of bickering on like kids? it is cute for a while, but not for days on end. maybe if you would both get a life and a job, you could do something besides follow each other around here with quotes. grow the f**k up!!!

Terminal case of lastworditis .

Sounds like another great step forward. I'm not seeing the link to them.

Henry needs to fix the site a little more... but this will get you on the right page. We also have been working on Mako brand, there are none of those kits on this link.

Weedeaterman - Tecomec Cylinder Kits These Kits are special order due to the cost.  I alos Include Free shipping.  They also come with a 90 day Warrenty, they fail, you send it to me, I then send you a new one free.  Also here is my take and experien

I've caught a LOT of flack since raising the issues I did with these kits a few weeks ago. The way I went about it was less than stellar, but I still stand by my position 100%. There's a reason that 95% of the guys that build and sell saws demand OEM or similiar quality. Like WatsonR said, if no one complains, nothing's going to improve. I'm willing to be the bad guy. Someone's got to tell it like it is, or they just continue to be problematic. I would love to have AM options that are OEM quality, just as much as the rest of you guys.

Now you're the guy responsible for the improvements in these kits? What size hat do you wear?

Latest posts

Back