Aftermarket cylinder testers needed, Reduced price for your opinion and comments!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That free porting 066 was a Mako kit, NOT our guy.

Phew :cheers: I didn't think he'd have forgotten the first freeporting incident with me!
MAKO must have missed the memo on freeporting as the freeporting 066/660 kits went out years ago.

Spoke directly to the manufacturer of these cylinder kits. They want a few samples to copy... but IF I order them, the production run has to be 500. I can't run 500 kits but will provide the samples that you guys send. If I'm right, they will copy them anyway and we should see these on the market, just maybe not as soon as if I had ordered them.

Neal, need a couple 346XPs and the pistons with them even if there trash, just need a measurement.
Same for closed port 55 and an 088/880 if possible.

Last edited:
You must be one of the few in Ohio who feels that way, some of your neighbors frown on humor and weep uncontrollably when people are not
nutswinger.gif

My family's health, and providing for them are serious.......the rest of life is $&@!! and giggles, especially an internet chainsaw forum.
I am out in the barn takin' a dremel to weedeaters and drinking cheap beer. I don't mind laughing while I'm learning. Keep up the good work.....:msp_blink:

Heck, the most serious debates on here right now, are in Earthquake and Poulan threads....what's that tell ya:dunno:

Spoke directly to the manufacturer of these cylinder kit. They want a few sample to copy... but IF I order them, the production run has to be 500. I can't run 500 kits but will provide the samples they you guys send. If I'm right, they will copy them anyway and we should see these on the market, just maybe not as soon as if I had ordered them.

Neal, need a couple 346XPs and the pistons with them even if there trash, just need a measurement.

I will get the 346 stuff together tomorrow night. Tonight I get to help with a school project for my son. He is doing a project on the restoration of the Longleaf Ecosystem, a cause that is near and dear to my heart. It's at a 3rd grade level, but he has a good grasp bc he has been in the woods with me.

I will try to pull a 590 apart this weekend to see if I have one to donate to the cause.

I will get the 346 stuff together tomorrow night. Tonight I get to help with a school project for my son. He is doing a project on the restoration of the Longleaf Ecosystem, a cause that is near and dear to my heart. It's at a 3rd grade level, but he has a good grasp bc he has been in the woods with me.

I will try to pull a 590 apart this weekend to see if I have one to donate to the cause.

Excellent!! Thanks Neal

Randy,
Got the PP taken care of... I'll try to get a post up on the 026/260 as soon as i can.

Are we supposed to report results back here or start a new thread?

I'm almost 50......I reckon it's time for my head to pop outta muh ass. :msp_sad:

You are so FOS. And when I say FOS, I mean FOS. Really.:msp_sneaky:

How close is a 5000+ jug to a 590/55 cp type? I may have a bad one but I'd have to look.

How close is a 5000+ jug to a 590/55 cp type? I may have a bad one but I'd have to look.

One difference is that the 5K+ is 1mm smaller. I don't know about the combustion chamber size or shape vis a vis the CP55 or 590. From what I have always been told, the CP55 has a larger combustion chamber than the 590. What would be optimum would be a PP 325 P/C. I believe it is a direct swap onto the 51/55 and to later 50's. I'm sure that's not correct, so someone please correct me!!! Kevin or Mark would be a good source for info on this (Niko, too).

Spoke directly to the manufacturer of these cylinder kits. They want a few samples to copy... but IF I order them, the production run has to be 500. I can't run 500 kits but will provide the samples that you guys send. If I'm right, they will copy them anyway and we should see these on the market, just maybe not as soon as if I had ordered them.

If it's that easy, we should be sending them ported cylinders. I know of a few cylinders that I'd like to have a little extra meat here and there.

Please correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't it the 44mm windowed piston that would really be a hot commodity? I know there are lots of jugs sittin around collecting dust just waiting on a good AM piston to come around. Like this one of mine, it would make a fine runner with just a piston. Just guessing here, but I bet it wouldn't take all that long to move 500 pistons.

One difference is that the 5K+ is 1mm smaller. I don't know about the combustion chamber size or shape vis a vis the CP55 or 590. From what I have always been told, the CP55 has a larger combustion chamber than the 590. What would be optimum would be a PP 325 P/C. I believe it is a direct swap onto the 51/55 and to later 50's. I'm sure that's not correct, so someone please correct me!!! Kevin or Mark would be a good source for info on this (Niko, too).

I think you're right about the swap but I'm no expert either. I do know that if somebody started making 5k pistons they could sell a crap load of them.

Please correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't it the 44mm windowed piston that would really be a hot commodity? I know there are lots of jugs sittin around collecting dust just waiting on a good AM piston to come around. Like this one of mine, it would make a fine runner with just a piston. Just guessing here, but I bet it wouldn't take all that long to move 500 pistons.

I think you're right about the swap but I'm no expert either. I do know that if somebody started making 5k pistons they could sell a crap load of them.

Yes, that is a point I kept meaning to make. Build them and they will come.

If it's that easy, we should be sending them ported cylinders. I know of a few cylinders that I'd like to have a little extra meat here and there.

I'm sending whatever you guys send me.... if there ported, great, stock, great, 44mm, 45mm whatever you guys provide. I'm not sending a truck load. We have a chance to get our foot in the door... we'll break it down once we know who's on the other side!

Randy, first impressions of the 066 kit I got are good.

I'm getting parts together for the build still, but can hopefully get it going soon. :)

Back