Aftermarket non-cat muffler for 2153/346

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen them on fleabay in the $20ish range.
I read a post from member nmurph on cutting the muffler in half to gut it. Cut along the overlap of the two half of the muffler. It gives one thicker material to weld.
I did this route to save a few $ and to have a reason to have a beer or two while in the shop. All went well and I'd do this again.

Why not check with site sponsors tk and spike. The oem is around $30 if I remember right.

Ebay has several for the $30 range, actually they don't specifically say they are non-cat I'm just assuming. Is there any reason to stick with OEM on this?

Husqvarna 340 345 346XP 350 351 353 Muffler Gasket Bolts Aftermarket | eBay

I have used lots of those, though not from that particular seller. They are not as large as an OEM muffler. It is irrelevant to me as they are are modded bf they are installed. They do seem to hold up well. Just make sure you blow the dust out well (I rinse with a hose) bf you install it.

I've seen them on fleabay in the $20ish range.
I read a post from member nmurph on cutting the muffler in half to gut it. Cut along the overlap of the two half of the muffler. It gives one thicker material to weld.
I did this route to save a few $ and to have a reason to have a beer or two while in the shop. All went well and I'd do this again.

That is an alternative, but I no longer bother with doing that bc of the time involved. It takes a couple of hours to cut the muffler in half, cut the CAT out, smooth the halves so that they fit snuggly, braze, and grind the braze.

Why not check with site sponsors tk and spike. The oem is around $30 if I remember right.

Yep, if you are going OEM, Bob and Tom are hard to beat.

Latest posts

Back