Again it starts------------:)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NDtreehugger

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
attachment.php

I read somewhere that there is only one city in the mainland USA that has significantly colder weather than Minot, ND and that's Bemidj, Mn. To beat that, you have to climb to the top of Mount Washington.

Your weather is heading my direction. We're getting rain rather than white stuff but temps in the high 30s on Wednesday.

Nice picture, ND. :popcorn:

read somewhere that there is only one city in the mainland USA that has significantly colder weather than Minot, ND and that's Bemidj, Mn.

I think it's Embarrass, MN that's the coldest.

I think it's Embarrass, MN that's the coldest.
That could be true. Might be the wind chill that puts Embarrass past Bemidji. However, OP's Minot, ND is right up there swingin' with them.

Another interesting town is Spencer, IA. Compared to other cities the same distance north, Spencer has lots of heating required. Some say it's the topography and average wind velocity that combine to cause it. :dizzy:

That Bunny's from Easter 3 years ago.

it has snowed in all 12 months in north dakota, the best was a flurry in mid August many years ago,,, yup sometimes winter last too long but this year I'm looking forward and hopping for a big snow season with a couple of blizzards:drool:

That Bunny's from Easter 3 years ago.

it has snowed in all 12 months in north dakota, the best was a flurry in mid August many years ago,,, yup sometimes winter last too long but this year I'm looking forward and hopping for a big snow season with a couple of blizzards:drool:

Does that really work ? Must be an old Bunny.

it has snowed in all 12 months in north dakota

That reminds me of back when I used to drive truck. I stopped for the night in Three Forks, MT it was cool in the 50's. It was the middle of June, I woke up the next morning freezing my :censored: off, climbed out of the sleeper and looked out to a couple inches of snow everywhere.

All I could think was- My God how long was I asleep?:dizzy:

:laugh:

Well bring it on it's hot dern it try setting on a deer stand
at 80 something degrees!

been there a few times myself while bow hunting. i always ended up falling asleep!!! just too hot and being in the quiet woods and all.....like a big natural lulaby

it has snowed in all 12 months in north dakota

That reminds me of back when I used to drive truck. I stopped for the night in Three Forks, MT it was cool in the 50's. It was the middle of June, I woke up the next morning freezing my :censored: off, climbed out of the sleeper and looked out to a couple inches of snow everywhere.

All I could think was- My God how long was I asleep?:dizzy:

:laugh:

That post of yours gave me the best laugh I've had in a couple days! ! ! Thanks! :clap:

I always thought it was International Falls, Mn. ??
OK, forum, let's break the 3-way tie. Which mainland USA city is the coldest to live in?

A) Embarrass, MN
B) Bemidji, MN
C) International Falls, MN
D) Other (please specify)

Rules:
The top of Mount Washington is disqualified for lack of competition. OP gets five extra votes for burning firewood in Minot, ND.

Last edited:
Depends on where you look. I pirated all info below from the net.

10 Coldest Cities

1. International Falls, MN
2. Duluth, MN
3. Caribou, ME
4. Marquette, MI
5. Sault Ste. Marie, MI
6. Fargo, ND
7. Williston, ND
8. Alamosa, CO
9. Bismarck, ND
10. St. Cloud, MN

Q: What are the coldest cities in the USA?

A: The coldest major city in the USA is Minneapolis, which has an annual average temperature of 45.2 F. However, several other smaller cities are much colder, including Fairbanks, Alaska (26.7 F), Anchorage (36.2 F), International Falls, Minn. (37.4 F), Duluth, Minn., (39.1 F), and Caribou, Maine (39.2 F). In Fairbanks, for example, the average daily high temperature in January is -0.3ºF.

From what I can tell the coldest of the 48 is International Falls, MN.

And just for giggles, top 10 snowiest...

1 Blue Canyon California 240.8
2 Marquette Michigan 128.6
3 Sault Ste. Marie Michigan 116.7
4 Syracuse New York 111.6
5 Caribou Maine 110.4
6 Mount Shata California 104.9
7 Lander Wyoming 102.5
8 Flagstaff Arizona 99.9
9 Sexton Summit Oregon 97.8
10 Muskegon Michigan 97.0

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum....

Depends on where you look. I pirated all info below from the net.

10 Coldest Cities

1. International Falls, MN
2. Duluth, MN
3. Caribou, ME
4. Marquette, MI
5. Sault Ste. Marie, MI
6. Fargo, ND
7. Williston, ND
8. Alamosa, CO
9. Bismarck, ND
10. St. Cloud, MN

Alright !! What do I win? :clap:

Fabulous data, BUT remakable that

B) Bemidji, MN
A) Embarrass, MN

are not included on the first list. Perhaps because the researcher figured these populations were insignificant? That's not uncommon. I have a feeling that residents in these two smaller towns would think that Duluth is rather warm.

Also, Oswego, NY is not included on the snowy list. Seems like an oversight. Folks in Buffalo, NY might also be surprised. I am. :dizzy:

Back