alaskan auto feed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camojeep

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
(see pics) you dont even have to push! just start the saw in and hook on the rope and mash the throttle.:hmm3grin2orange: works good can adust feed rate with weight

Pretty dang ingenious. How long did you ponder all that before you set it up camo... or did it come to you on the fly?

im off work this week hunting deer aint seeing much gives me alot of time to figure out the easyiest way to get that saw down the log i need to get another pulley for the bottom and it would probably work better

Mines a little more complex. A drill runs a worm-gear boat winch, with a reostat wired in for speed control. I just fire up the saw, put a clip on the throttle,switch on the drill, and sit back and watch it go.:givebeer:

That is the weakest design I have ever seen in my entire life. As a certified PE (professional engineer) I feel it is my duty to point out an incredibly weak point in your overall design

Get rid of the black electrical tape immediately and install 100 mph duct tape before the entire unit is corrupted!

The more I look at the detail in this picture the more impressed I am. I believe I picked up not only the bicycle pedal and crank assembly, but also the derailleur and idler set-up down the chain path. Wow! WAAAAAYYYY COOL!

Hi, Vern. Hats off to your barn! The concept is pretty simple. A variable speed drill (use a good one), replace chuck with a pully, put a pully (I used a 4 sheeve one off a junk little drillpress to vary speed more) on a boat winch. Helps to run the cable around the end of the mill and to the other side so it dos'nt try to rack the carridge sideways. I stay close enough to adjust the speed if I need to, but it's nice to be out of the fume zone, and not push the saw.
Here's pics of my shack and my shed.
Russell

redneck at its finest--thats whats neat about this site--lots of ideas from lots of diff people---and i will apply a variant of this to my csm--as pushing it is the hardest part--

Latest posts

Back