Alittle Stihl vacation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It works with a very simple product, water. It holds 25 gallons of water and uses a special soap powder that mixes with the water so it won't cause any rust. It heats up to 180 degrees and in 5 minutes under high power jets the saw is spotless. Course the machine cost $5000.00 but its almost paid for itself in little over a year.

What is the influence of the T° ? , do you see a big difference if you go lower on temp ? Reason I ask is I am considering to use my high pressure water cleaner in combination with a cold degreasing agent (first).
should work I think.

What is the influence of the T° ? , do you see a big difference if you go lower on temp ? Reason I ask is I am considering to use my high pressure water cleaner in combination with a cold degreasing agent (first).
should work I think.

Simple, the heat melts the grease. Thats why it only takes just a few minutes and its spotless. I've thrown saws in the machine where the machine was cold and it takes it 5 times longer to get the saw clean, gots to have that heat to get it done quick...

Wow, I have been out of town on business for awhile and have a ton of catching up to do. One thing I did notice is how ssssssssswwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttt the pictures were that Tom posted on that lovely 441 and how much better quality it has over the competition.
Stihl rocks.

Wow, I have been out of town on business for awhile and have a ton of catching up to do. One thing I did notice is how ssssssssswwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttt the pictures were that Tom posted on that lovely 441 and how much better quality it has over the competition.
Stihl rocks.

Two great minds think alike, look at our post times,LOLOL

Yes the 441 is put together for sure!!!

Tom just for kicks do one of the 441,460,7900 comparison. I would like to see the difference in them picked apart too.
Because I dont usually pay attention to the build quality, I just care how well they run or not and dont give a hoot about gas sipping or guzzling.

Tom just for kicks do one of the 441,460,7900 comparison. I would like to see the difference in them picked apart too.
Because I dont usually pay attention to the build quality, I just care how well they run or not and dont give a hoot about gas sipping or guzzling.

Well I've looked closely at the 5100 and 7900 and they are built pretty durn solid. I shouldn't advertise for Cuttinscott but since he's a nice guy I will,LOL
Those Dolmars have one thing I really like , torx fasteners, same as Stihl. So much better than a dayumm Allen head screws. I hate those with a passion..

I'll open up the 7900 and 5100 up abit and snap you some pics.

I have only found one weak spot on the Dolmar 7900. It was also my fault that the piece got broke, but after 2 months of coming up with a idea for the fix, alls better now. The plastic piece that the black metal clips are held onto broke off under the carb cover area during a cold start for practice for racing, either I hit it with my hand going down a broke it or the 460 rescue handle hit it and broke it off. It makes it a pita when you pop the cover and the clip flys off into the grass, but like I said fixed it yesterday.

Also got 5 new toys in the last couple of weeks, 2 saws last week and 3 pea shooters too. Just always wanted a laser 40cal, so if you see a red dot on the tree :Eye: .

Last edited:
LOL, if the 2171 is the red and black 372 the 441 will indeed run right withem.
Your gonna get Woody all stirred up Cut,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Make sure you watch the video of the 2171 in that post.:bowdown:

Back