Alittle Stihl vacation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Film at Eleven...

attachment.php

And that's an excellent question! (I should go back and ask the engineers that designed my Stihl SH-85 the same thing...) :)
I thought you said all stihl did was put a cat in a glass. Which is it that stihl did, cat in glass or cat in muffler? And what about all those Husky's with the cat mufflers?

Evan

Now its gametime

Heres the front spring on the 372, looks fine until you compare the size of it with the front spring on the 441. First dish of crow for Woodie,hehe

attachment.php

Last edited:
Heres the front spring on the 372, looks fine until you compare the size of it with the front spring on the 441. First dish of crow for Woodie,hehe

Sooooooo...what I gather from that picture is the Husky engineers were able to do more with less material...no wonder that thing weighs in like an anchor!

Second plate of crow for Woodie

Here's the 372 back bushing system of ONE,LOL

attachment.php

Last edited:
Get your fork Woodie, here's a real bushing system

attachment.php

Sorta explains the costs you posted yesterday , hehehehe ya get what you pay for, hows that crow,LOLOLOLOL

Last edited:
Woodie

Is your belly full yet or shall I serve you some more, I got plenty more about these two saw but I don't want you buying all the Peto Bismol in town, LOLOL

attachment.php

And heres what happens when you use your Stihl Saws for more then just show.

NOTE; the Stihls anti vibe Spring system burys the case into the gas tank for better support.

attachment.php

And heres what happens when you use your Stihl Saws for more then just show.

NOTE; the Stihls anti vibe Spring system burys the case into the gas tank for better support.

Oh now THAT hurts! (the engineers shoulda caught that one, but they were too busy adding weight prolly...)

I must say I still prefer the 395 over the 660....But I bet here soon the 395 is gonna get changed to the 595,and the only thing it's gonna be good for is a boat anchor.

Ok I guess i"ll try and stick my toe in this mess. I enjoy chainsaws very much. I collect, rebuild and use saws. I would say that I am not a pro but not a recreational user either. I have been cutting firewood and felling trees for about 15yrs. now. Because I actually have to put-together or rebuild most of the saws I get it gives me the chance to get a good look at the build quality and user-friendliness of each saw. Iwould say that almost every brand has made good saws at one time or another. Most people can get on-boerd with the idea of an 090 stihl , mac 125 ,homie 750/2100, jred 111s or husky 2100 (and many more). But of course we all gravitate to something that has proven itself to us based on our needs. In my opinion chainsaws are not as well built (sturdy) or as powerful today as those built earlier. When I rebuilt my 090 I was very impressed with how easy it was to use considering its size and scary power. Also I never would guessed that my 125 mac would be as easy in-the-hand as it is. My 2100 husky is every bit the saw that my dualport 066 is despite it's age. The homelite 540 that Tommy gave me is one of the torquiest saws i've ever used. Being a 2 horse race now i'd have a stihl.

Ok I guess i"ll try and stick my toe in this mess. I enjoy chainsaws very much. I collect, rebuild and use saws. I would say that I am not a pro but not a recreational user either. I have been cutting firewood and felling trees for about 15yrs. now. Because I actually have to put-together or rebuild most of the saws I get it gives me the chance to get a good look at the build quality and user-friendliness of each saw. Iwould say that almost every brand has made good saws at one time or another. Most people can get on-boerd with the idea of an 090 stihl , mac 125 ,homie 750/2100, jred 111s or husky 2100 (and many more). But of course we all gravitate to something that has proven itself to us based on our needs. In my opinion chainsaws are not as well built (sturdy) or as powerful today as those built earlier. When I rebuilt my 090 I was very impressed with how easy it was to use considering its size and scary power. Also I never would guessed that my 125 mac would be as easy in-the-hand as it is. My 2100 husky is every bit the saw that my dualport 066 is despite it's age. The homelite 540 that Tommy gave me is one of the torquiest saws i've ever used. Being a 2 horse race now i'd have a stihl.

Good post Hoss. We're having fun tonite so don't pay alot of mind to whats going on here. I'm just putting the facts out for the world to see and Manual and Woodie, well not sure what they are putting out but its all in good fun.
Tell me something Hoss for you which would it be, 372 or 441?, you used them both..

I realize that for an arborist or logger that weight is an issue when weighed against production numbers. For me though their are things that appeal to me more than others and weight is not the biggie in the bunch. I go about 260# so the weight of the saw is not the issue it could be. I have used piston port saws and reedvalve motors and get more satisfaction from reeds. Having said this, I didn't start out to own ANY stihls at all I was a mac and homie fan. Well then I got an 090 and said to myself "now here is a saw that lives up to the hype". After that I got an 075 and liked the look and handling of it. Then came the real suprise, the 056 magII. This saw blew me away and I like it even more than my 066. recently I laid hands on an 084 and was very impressed again, this time not just by the power but by the build quality also. Now all along here I've been collecting other brands also jred 910, mac555,homie 540 and a super xl. I used the 441 and the 372 and felt that the 441 was torquier and that the fit and finnish WERE of a higher standard. I didn;t set out to be a stihl man, but if I bought a new saw it WOULD be a stihl.

Last edited:
I realize that for an arborist or logger that weight is an issue when weighed against production numbers. For me though their are things that appeal to me more than others and weight is not the biggie in the bunch. I go about 260# so the weight of the saw is not the issue it could be. I have used piston port saws and reedvalve motors and get more satisfaction from reeds. Having said this, I didn't start out to own ANY stihls at all I was a mac and homie fan. Well then I got an 090 and said to myself "now here is a saw that lives up to the hype". After that I got an 075 and liked the look and handling of it. Then came the real suprise, the 056 magII. This saw blew me away and I like it even more than my 066. recently I laid hands on an 084 and was very impressed again, this time not just by the power but by the build quality also. Now all along here I've been collecting other brands also jred 910, mac555,homie 540 and a super xl. I used the 441 and the 372 and felt that the 441 was torquier and that the fit and finnish WERE of a higher standard. I didn;t set out to be a stihl man, but if I bought a new saw I WOULD be a stihl

Thankya , thankya very much. Glad to see you can see through the hype, good job.

MANUAL RESIZE YOUR PICS, I CAN'T LOAD BMP IMAGES, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Back